• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff (H) Build-Up & Match Thread 1/4/17

The sun is shining, I completed my third game back in competitive football last night after about 12 years away without completely disgracing myself, and I'm at the height of the pre-match optimism curve. 3-1 Wolves (Hause, Edwards and Costa). FWIW, I've enjoyed watching Saiss, including when he came on against Forest when, with Ronan and Enobakhare getting time as well, all looked relatively promising.
Ronan is out for the season Mel

Yes, I know. I wasn't expecting a recall, rather reflecting on a brief period of optimism in the season which seemed completely at odds with what followed.

Yes, I know. I wasn't expecting a recall, rather reflecting on a brief period of optimism in the season which seemed completely at odds with what followed.
Sorry misread your post

I'm escaping my confinement and down for the game, hobbling around in my "moon boot" on crutches! Looking forward to getting out of the house and getting a few beers down me but not sure I'm looking forward to 90 minutes of standing in the South Bank :icon_lol:

Will probably be in the new look Royal London or the Hogs Head about midday and should be easy enough to spot :sick-gurney:

Just a case of accommodating what we have properly really, not keen on Marshall on the left (based on what I've seen) but he looks good on the right. They should be quite fluid anyway.

I hope Wolves have been working on ways of getting Marshall on the ball in the opponents half of the field, in positions he can receive then get his head up to then use his passing ability. We have to get the likes of Cavaleiro and Costa on the ball more often by using a link player such as Marshall. Pass through the field with combination play.

Lonerghan starts :(

Swap Baath for Williamson and that's the line up I'd have gone with

Lonerghan starts :(

Would have preferred Burgoyne - not that he's that much better at this stage of his development, but he can improve & playing games is the best way to do so.

Lonergan can't improve

Would have preferred Burgoyne - not that he's that much better at this stage of his development, but he can improve & playing games is the best way to do so.

Lonergan can't improve

I think lonergan is the best bet at the moment. I feel Burgoyne has the potential to concede a hatful right now and that could ruin a young player. Better to be part of the match day squad and hopefully get some loan experience in the future

Line up:

Lonergan
Coady - Batth - Hause - Doherty
Edwards Evans
Costa - Cavaleiro - Marshall
Weimann

Not unsatisfactory - the front four will create problems for Cardiff

Subs:

Saville
Dicko
Bödvarsson
Saiss
Burgoyne
Gibbs-White
Williamson

Is Enobakhare injured? - not seen him in the match day squad for a few games.

not to argue the point but a couple of weeks ago PL was saying what an important player Price was to the team, and yet not been included in the squad now.

Fairly happy with the team, pretty much what I'd have chosen.

As for keepers, none of them are good enough for Wolves. It's like choosing between being shot, stabbed or hit with a baseball bat!

Anyway, I'm excited to see Cav central and see Weimann up top. Come on Wolves!

It's like choosing between being shot, stabbed or hit with a baseball bat!

I will take being hit with a baseball bat (depending on where the hit lands) - no break in the body covering as a result

Kick off has occurred - need for Batth or Hause to lean on Zohore (their leading scorer in recent games)

He was not guaranteed to start this game as has a slight knock

Fairly happy with the team, pretty much what I'd have chosen.

As for keepers, none of them are good enough for Wolves. It's like choosing between being shot, stabbed or hit with a baseball bat!

Anyway, I'm excited to see Cav central and see Weimann up top. Come on Wolves!

Yes Cav starting off as Central as you say, but Lambert was keen to stress that he's got a 'licence to roam', so will be all over the place hopefully providing a service...
As Weimann gets through on the right...

Back