• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche all day. His bronze statue will be him open mouthed with his arms wide moaning at the ref.

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
The way he has baffled every single comms team when they see his arms being greased up

"They're rubbing his arms before he comes on! I mean legs, yeah I can understand the need to warn the legs up but the arms? Well that's a first!"

Unless anyone is criticising Semedo or Nuno or just about anything Wolves related...

I don't even want to talk about Adama, I don't think he's the story of this season so far, but it's noticeable how much he scratches a lot of people's scapegoat itch.

He's fine on the bench for me at the moment, hence him not being in my starting team in this Burnley build up thread
Semedo has probably not matched anyone’s expectations but I suppose he has a bit of leeway due to only having played a dozen or so games.
Adama’s fine off the bench for me too, but if we have to sell to buy a striker (and nobody wants to buy Berra), I would cash in on Traore.

What's impressed you about our attacking displays this season?

If someone wanted to offer £50m+ for Traore then I'd sell.

They're not going to though.

It's remarkable how a thread where the majority of us haven't even picked Adama in our team gets turned into a discussion about selling him.

I'm all for constructive criticism but don't tell me this illustrates an even playing field when it comes to assessing our players!

As I said last week - it's not so much digging him out as he hasn't started all these games, some of them we've played him out of position (largely out of necessity) and it's not his fault if he crosses the ball and Donck misses from four yards out, but it's now 20 league appearances without a single goal or assist. It doesn't look good.

Then you get people suggesting we play him up front. That doesn't make any sense at all. He's pretty much never looked any good there, he doesn't possess any of the attributes to play that role.

He'll polarise opinion for as long as his performances range from dreadful to superb, often within the same game.

Polarising opinion is not the same as him being scapegoated at every opportunity, dragged into every dissection of our play and people regularly talking about selling him.

Wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to read reams of sanctimonious posts every week by people wagging fingers at others for being critical and 'negative'. Usually the same people then giving Traore both barrels when they have the chance!

Does the lecture about supporting our players and being patient and positive and 'glass half full' and trusting Nuno not count when it comes to Adama? ;)

I think it's a bit different when it's someone like Fabio who is 18 and has played a handful of senior games and is being thrust into a role which we never expected him to play at this stage, rather than Adama who is nearly 25, has played 250+ senior games and who is supposed to be a key player but he actually isn't right now.

He has to do more. Much more and cocking around with his injury on Tuesday wasn't a good look either (Nuno did the right thing there). He does come up a lot in discussion - I like to think it's relatively civilised and reasoned - but then he's an interesting player, in more ways than one. Ultimately if I'd had to sell one forward in the summer as we looked to evolve then he would have been it (not least as I doubt he'll ever be "worth" as much as he was perceived to be then), but you don't sell players, other clubs buy them.

Adama is scapegoated a LOT, but he is not the only one. Just look at the match thread on Tuesday - in the 1st half there was a lot of negativity towards Podence. Then he was MOM.
Flair players always attract criticism, deserved or not.

For me if Adama does 1 -5 things brilliantly that contribute to our winning ways then he stay and play. He is unique with his pace and also control under speed..im sure other teams will be keen to sign him if we wanna sell..

Wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to read reams of sanctimonious posts every week by people wagging fingers at others for being critical and 'negative'. Usually the same people then giving Traore both barrels when they have the chance!

Does the lecture about supporting our players and being patient and positive and 'glass half full' and trusting Nuno not count when it comes to Adama? ;)
Mmmm how to crack your secret code of who you could mean ..............

This is one game a back 4 should be used. They will park the bus and hit long balls to Wood.

Would definately be looking to play in to feet, hope Podence, Neto, Traore, Silva can use there quick feet and passing play around Burnleys back line.

For me if Adama does 1 -5 things brilliantly that contribute to our winning ways then he stay and play. He is unique with his pace and also control under speed..im sure other teams will be keen to sign him if we wanna sell..
The problem is Fred he isn't and hasn't for 20 odd games.

Adama is scapegoated a LOT, but he is not the only one. Just look at the match thread on Tuesday - in the 1st half there was a lot of negativity towards Podence. Then he was MOM.
But that's not really scapegoating, it's just people criticising a player's performance during a match. Nothing wrong with that, if you don't agree either counter or ignore.

My problem is that there's this pervasive attitude that having a moan about anything to do with this Wolves team and set-up is taboo, unless it's that muscly fella with the greasy arms.

I'm not saying Adama should be exempt from criticism, I'm saying no-one and nothing should be

But that's not really scapegoating, it's just people criticising a player's performance during a match. Nothing wrong with that, if you don't agree either counter or ignore.

My problem is that there's this pervasive attitude that having a moan about anything to do with this Wolves team and set-up is taboo, unless it's that muscly fella with the greasy arms.

I'm not saying Adama should be exempt from criticism, I'm saying no-one and nothing should be
Methinks you are the one with confirmation bias - Boly, Donk, Neves, Semedo and Rui have all been criticised over recent weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back