• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is Fred he isn't and hasn't for 20 odd games.
I didn't realise the Arsenal game had been abandoned and Adama's contribution to both goals stricken from collective memory

Methinks you are the one with confirmation bias - Boly, Donk, Neves, Semedo and Rui have all been criticised over recent weeks.
Methinks you don't know the difference between scapegoating and criticism.

Does Boly (another underperforming star) get dragged into every thread and then not only criticised but constantly spoken about in terms of being sold?

How did the Neves and Semedo criticism pan out (a lot of which was pretty reasoned and fair)? It was jumped upon

If you can't see the difference then you're being deliberately obtuse.

Traore was introduced to the thread as a joke by Paul, it then spirals in the usual fashion. It's 50/50

Last edited:
This is one game a back 4 should be used. They will park the bus and hit long balls to Wood.

Would definately be looking to play in to feet, hope Podence, Neto, Traore, Silva can use there quick feet and passing play around Burnleys back line.
I think you accidentally posted this in the “wanging on about Adama again” thread, someone should set up a thread about the Burnley game for you to put this into.

Don't think anyone criticising any players have been 'jumped on' particularly, even Raul was getting pelters before his injury and lets not forget Moutinho was also being criticised not long ago.
Traore does get more stick than most (although Semedo could take on that mantle soon) but thats probably because he is so bloody good and exciting at times and so bad when he's not at it, his inconsistances are so marked.
Also his good bits have been few and far between this season so far....that doesn't mean he won't come good.
As for the transfer thing, thats down to the rumours last season about interest in him and the ridiculous amounts being quoted, 50+ million at times, probably if he had gone it would have been nearer 30. People like Boly would fetch nowhere near that....especially ad people are now questioning his place in the team.

Traore was introduced to the thread as a joke by Paul, it then spirals in the usual fashion. It's 50/50

Tredman put him up front in his team, which is the 6th post on the first page.

So not a joke and rightly debated.

Tredman put him up front in his team, which is the 6th post on the first page.

So not a joke and rightly debated.
That was in a genuine sense and was discussed accordingly the derailment happened yesterday

I wouldn't. I don't think we can fit all 4 in and stay with 3 ch's, which i think is important against them, so he'd be the man to miss out. I agree that Fabio can't play every game, but he'll have week off before this one and a similar amount before Spurs. It's the Utd game I'd be looking to do something different for, just not sure what

So, should we start Adama as a CF against Burnley?
Only if he is tripled greased up.

Personally if all fit same team that started the 2nd half v Chelsea. Won't happen for a few reasons, mainly as I think Boly will be out.
If that happens, 4 at the back.

At least with the introduction of 9 subs we can put an extra attacker or 2 on the bench in Corbs & Shabani

So, should we start Adama as a CF against Burnley?
I can see Nuno playing him to the right of the front two a bit like Neto started on Tuesday. He wouldn’t be playing as a true centre forward if so though.

I actually thought he played an important role when he came on without individually being brilliant. He attracted players towards him and it allowed us to attack space better.

personally I think I’d still start Silva, but could see why he might use Adama in that way, as long as he isn’t just hugging the touchline.

If Donck is out I can’t see him picking Otasowie over Neves or Moutinho, it just won’t happen.

I wouldn't. I don't think we can fit all 4 in and stay with 3 ch's, which i think is important against them, so he'd be the man to miss out. I agree that Fabio can't play every game, but he'll have week off before this one and a similar amount before Spurs. It's the Utd game I'd be looking to do something different for, just not sure what
I don't see how we can play 3 CH. Burnley will not give us anywhere near the space Chelsea did.

They will not chase a win, Dyches team will be set up to not lose.

I can see Nuno playing him to the right of the front two a bit like Neto started on Tuesday. He wouldn’t be playing as a true centre forward if so though.

I actually thought he played an important role when he came on without individually being brilliant. He attracted players towards him and it allowed us to attack space better.

personally I think I’d still start Silva, but could see why he might use Adama in that way, as long as he isn’t just hugging the touchline.

Oddly, Adama's aerial ability has impressed me when he's inside and he could well give Mee and Takowski something to think about in open play. But he does lack ability going at goal so they'd be aware his goal scoring record and shooting are pap right now.

Maybe Nuno's working with him at CF rather than a winger where I think he's pretty poor right now.

Coupled with Burnley dropping deep I don't see how Adama could play in a 4 or 3 up top with any effectiveness, particularly where decision making and off the ball movement will be key.

Given this is a game we should be looking to win from the front foot, and that Burnley don't score many goals, I think 4 at the back is the way to go. Especially if Boly doesn't play.

Rui

Semedo - Coady - Saiss - Marcal

Neves - Moutinho

Traore - Neto - Podence

Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back