• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (A)

A more simple act would have been keep same shape drop Afobe into the number 10 role behind Holt/ALF

Through ball from Korey Smith but City player was offside. Both teams have started brightly.

Even if you're going to use that formation, Byrne has actually played right wing back in the past. Why take him off?

Even worse according to Timbo

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Williamson

Henry--------------------------------Golbourne

McDonald Edwards Coady

Holt le Fondre​

I despair, I really do.

EVEN worse than that - Holt is in the hole.

City knocking it round nicely, Wolves not threatening, Kodjia goes round 3 players, tackled. Henry with the ball, tackled. Throw in for City.

Why the fuck is James Henry playing right wing-back instead of Byrne? Can someone tell me what is going on please?

Mark tonight down as the point where I lost faith in Ken. Wingbacks FFS.

Freeman on the counter attack, players offering the pass, he holds it a tad too long and City manage to get a throw out of it. Freeman with a low pass but it's not a good one. Bennett tries to find Kodjia, he has to backtrack to find the ball. Marlon Pack with a "harsh" foul. Wolves free kick. Finally some relief from City's threatning attacks. Wolves have a chance to attack, cleared. McDonald crosses it in but Edwards' header straight at freeman.

Has KJ overthought this one? Same team that did a number over Birmingham but an ineffective change of shape.
It's the inconsistency that's going to screw Jackett over - one match he's tactically shrewd, the next he's outwitted by a caveman.

Was KJ actually shrewd or was the tactical success last week merely a matter of circumstance?

His Wolves side have always seemed better on the counter when I've seen them, if they play against a team with 10 men behind the ball they struggle to break it down. Last week at Blues the recent fortunes of the two sides had put the onus on Blues to force the game and allowed Wolves to sit in and play that counter attacking game successfully, given that majority of Blues' success this year has come when they're the underdog it's not all that surprising to see them fail when supposedly in a stronger position.

Tonight it seems like the boot is on the other foot, Wolves expected to be the more dominant side and struggling against what looks a pretty defensive set up from City.

The change of shape doesn't make any sense either. 1 up top vs a 3 man defence? Push Edwards closer to Afobe and give Coady license to pressure further forward, occupy their centre halves and make them panic.

433 for me.

Get some numbers up against their back 3 to give them something to think about and still got the numbers in the middle of the park to match up there, shouldn't be much chance of getting overrun down the flanks by this City side.

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Williamson Golbourne

Henry Coady McDonald Edwards

Holt le Fondre​

Look at that team. How have we gone from one of the quickest, most exciting teams to watch in the division to that?

Stretching it a bit there I think.

This sounds so grim.

Why the $#@! is James Henry playing right wing-back instead of Byrne? Can someone tell me what is going on please?
Holt is the new big hope and I mean big. KJ is struggling to even look like he has a plan. Blind faith for front two to come up with summat. Need Henry to get up there and put some crosses in.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

City on yet another attack, Kodjia to freeman to pack to smith, he powers forward, freeman to pack, to Bennett, to Korey smith, back to the keeper. Promising attack ends up with Frank Fielding.

Three days ago everyone was praising KJ and Wolves. Things do change rather quickly.

Back