• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City (A)

Neat period of play from City.
worked out to the right wing where Elliot Bennet puts in a lovely cross with Wolves defending a bit too deep, leaves Kodjia to head from the middle of the box powerfully past Martinez into the top right corner.
Half time.

Seems that Edwards is playing a bit too deep. Sounds like we're all playing a bit to fucking deep!

I worry that KJ will see Holt as the solution.

For what it's worth, would take off Henry and Edwards off for Graham and Holt.

I worry that KJ will see Holt as the solution.

Cue us hoofing the ball above his head despite the fact that you couldn't get the Express and Star under his feet when he "jumps".

Has KJ overthought this one? Same team that did a number over Birmingham but an ineffective change of shape.
It's the inconsistency that's going to screw Jackett over - one match he's tactically shrewd, the next he's outwitted by a caveman.

Hearing from my friends that the only danger we pose is from our crosses that have apparently been quite good quality... Just wait until we whack out the one on the floor for Afobe to smash home.
And apparently Byrne is being eaten alive and is ineffective.

The change of shape doesn't make any sense either. 1 up top vs a 3 man defence? Push Edwards closer to Afobe and give Coady license to pressure further forward, occupy their centre halves and make them panic.

Apparently Bristol City have never won when Kodjia scores..

Kodjia has scored 8 times this season but has never been on the winning side...a ray of hope for Wolves?

Afobe off and 3-5-2? Oh bloody hell.

Byrne & Afobe off, Holt & le Fondre on.

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Williamson Golbourne

Henry Coady McDonald Edwards

Holt le Fondre​

Look at that team. How have we gone from one of the quickest, most exciting teams to watch in the division to that?

4 4 fucking 2 and hit the big man. Fuck off KJ

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 52s53 seconds ago
Wolves have gone 3-5-1-1 to match City. Henry and Golbourne wing backs. Holt behind ALF.

KJ is losing his mind :icon_lol:

Good play from Le Fondre ends with a saved Holt shot, Edwards has the rebound in he back of the net but he's offside.

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Williamson Golbourne

Henry Coady McDonald Edwards

Holt le Fondre​

Look at that team. How have we gone from one of the quickest, most exciting teams to watch in the division to that?

Even worse according to Timbo

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Williamson

Henry--------------------------------Golbourne

McDonald Edwards Coady

Holt le Fondre​

I despair, I really do.

Back