• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City 1 - 2 Wolves: Verdict thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
For those from OTIB checking in - Fucking stick that in your pipe Marlon Pack!! What were you thinking?!!

I think it's fair to say my neighbours probably know we just scored at the end there.

Fantastic result after things looked to be going against us in that first half. At 1-1 we looked like we could go on and win it but I never expected to. Cavaleiro changed the game for us when he came on.

Douglas' left foot is absolutely incredible. How he has gone off club's radars for all this time is crazy. £1m he cost us!!

MOTM - Bazza.

What a fucking privilege to be a Wolves supporter this season

Off to Bristol, Derby and Cardiff forums for a laugh now! I might just pop over to that "we can catch Wolves" thread on Derby's forums too!!

Bear, don't forget Villa took the piss when we signed Bazza cos they signed Terry on same day

Another big game where we did not turn up... Oh, wait.

Fucking incredible to watch, Cav man of the match for turning it round. I’d pick Douglas but he’s already been picked by people who wanted him subbed off after the Brizzle goal.

Fantastic result, great performance once we went down to ten - really proud of the boys - this is why I love football!!!

Get the gif of Nino celebrating at the end. Nuno

Those Bristol fans getting pissed off and pointing about Nuno celebrating :icon_lol: Fucking love Nuno

Down to 10 men from the 13th minute, so at least 80 minutes... Kept it tight, went a goal down but made a change in Cav that gave us attacking momentum which saw their keeper sent off to even things up and as soon as Super Bazza fired home, there was only going to be one winner. Such a huge heart this team has, never beaten and credit to Nuno for that. I know I said I didn't mind who played, Danny or Bennett but if Batth gets another game this season it'll be because we've had an injury crisis.
Ryan Bennett, I apologise for being so horrible about you!

I have a bit of a man crush on Douglas now I think, those set pieces were glorious - this is gonna be one of the best games of the season once we look back on it, brilliantly done Wolves!

Special mention to Cavaleiro as well - sub changed the game for us for the better, the free kick/red card/goal came only minutes after he came on!

Much as I appreciate how indispensable Barry Douglas's set pieces were to the eventual outcome of the game (that first free kick that hit the post could so easily have gone in), I nevertheless give MOTM to Caveliero because he changed the game when he came on. Costa and, to a lesser extent, Jota, were largely ineffective but Ivan changed all that. What a brilliant ball played through for Doherty! That changed the momentum of the game! What a performance in the last 20 mins or so. Premier League here we come!

Magnificent

To stay in and then win a game after going a man down after 13 minutes is incredible.

Spare a thought for Danny Baath right now

Nuno’s passion is incredible and ultimately what got him sent to the stands but I’ll have that in a manager any day. Great stuff from Cav when he came on, the equaliser got our tails up and the dead ball delivery from Douglas was absolutely brilliant. 3 fantastic free kicks. A scrapped out win, but to be champions you have to win like that sometimes. Great game.

Only one team winning the game until the Fielding sending off. After that and Douglas free kick only one winner and that was Wolves.I called Cav on for Costa and he was for me the reason we got back into this game.. So happy right now you cant believe it.

Back