• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (H) Build-Up and Match Thread 14/4/17

They both have a bit of bite about them so could easily play deep but I don't think Ronan would fare too well in defensive midfield at this level. I wish it wasn't this way but the Championship is just too physical.

You can play deep centre midfield without being a Lee Cattermole type. David Vaughan last week the prime example. Will Hughes does it too.

Ikeme to miss this game too but Costa looking hopeful

Lonergan

Coady Batth Hause Silvio

Evans Saiss

Costa Cav Marshall

Weimann

Subs: Burgoyne, Iorfa, Doherty, Edwards, Dicko, MGW, Wilson

MGW for Costa if he doesn't make it and Wilson to get half hour game time.

You can play deep centre midfield without being a Lee Cattermole type. David Vaughan last week the prime example. Will Hughes does it too.

What I would give for a Will Hughes in our team. Maybe Ronan can be that player!

What I would give for a Will Hughes in our team. Maybe Ronan can be that player!

He looked to me like more of a Pritchard than a Hughes but I'd take that too. Gibbs-White certainly looks a Dele Alli type to me and to have them both with an experienced midfielder in there like Saiss/ Mooy would be the way I would like next season to start.

Of course Dangerous will still play every game though.

Yeah I agree with that. I'd also love Pritchard here :icon_lol:

Yeah I think we have to accept that under Lambert Edwards is going to play, whenever possible.

ooooh!
I might just finally get to see Costa play....

I'd take both. Much better than what we have and just the right players to replace ineffective Dave and pedestrian Lee with.

Oh aye he's better than anything we have here, just don't think he's anything special at all. Been a lot of hype around him for a long time but he hasn't lived up to it.

Rowett doesn't really like to have footballers in his midfield so wouldnt be surprised if both leave...

Hughes will play in the premier league and to a good level. He was just getting to a really good consistent level when he got injured

That's going to be the test for Rowett. We know he can do a magnificent job when his club's the underdog and he's got to work with bugger all in terms of finance. How about when there's money to spend, you'll be judged on your signings and the expectation is that you must get success immediately? How about managing a team where the opposition will happily come to your place and aim for a point?

I like him a lot but no way is he the kind of slamdunk appointment that many would have you believe that he would have been down here (notwithstanding that Blues hadn't sacked him when we were looking).

What Rowett did at Blues and seems to have done already at Derby is get a team to perform the basics well. Keeps them solid and has a gameplan. He's already realised Vydra is a 10 not a winger or 9 and he looks a different player and that you won't go far with fat Daz waddling around up front. If the bizarre Chris Martin situation is resolved in the Summer in Derby's favour, which I think it will be - a buying clause is useless if the player doesn't want to sign for you then they will be a force to be reckoned with next year as will Villa. Their fans still think this year is possible if they can beat Wednesday

Bright is out with a knee injury.

Bright is out with a knee injury.

Wondered where he had got to - then again would prefer to see what Ennis, Wilson & Herc can bring to the game - not sure that tomorrow is the best one to try them in though

Lonergan

Coady Batth Hause Silvio

Evans Saiss

Costa Cav Marshall

Weimann

Subs: Burgoyne, Iorfa, Doherty, Edwards, Dicko, MGW, Wilson

MGW for Costa if he doesn't make it and Wilson to get half hour game time.

This team, with MGW to start unless Costa is absolutely 100%, which it doesn't sound like he will be.

Well it's on the box over here in the US, so am looking forward to a lunchtime kick off, a bacon sarnie and a Wolves win!

Lonergan

Coady - Batth - Hause - Doherty

Edwards - Saiss

Weimann - Cavaleiro - Marshall

Bodvarsson

Back