• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 3-2 Wolves: Verdict [Carabao Cup 3rd Rnd]

I suspect had we equalised (which we certainly had opportunities to do so) when we were on top, Brighton would have just stepped it up as they did from 75 minutes onwards and still won the game. That being said they did struggle with our press but we lacked a killer instinct with the final ball or finish.

With Hwang & Sarabia on the pitch it was 11 v 9. They were both shameful. Hwang? What the fuck is he, cos it sure ain't a footballer.
Maybe instead of selling shirts in Korea he should go and sell burgers there instead

Diabolical first half. Bit better second but still not enough to capitalise on their keep giving us cheap possession.

Ah well, we can concentrate on being god awful in the league now

Where do you start probably in chronological order.
First goal is such self inflicted crap, Sa delays, delays his ball out by the time it gets to Gomes he’s already under heavy pressure although he’s weak as piss in that situation. Conversely Sa is not set to save the shot.
Second is poor again allowing players to come inside and get shots away on the edge of the box, Sa goes down in phases to save it and looks half arsed.
Should have conceded between that had Minteh just let the ball go in.
Good build up for our first goal, tidy finish.
Better organised second half and created some good chances but once we hit 70 minutes BHA stepped up a gear and looked the better side.
Result was as expected, file this in the rather full good effort but no substance filing cabinet.
Again 2+ goals conceded, it’s beyond unsustainable.
Let’s be brutally honest had Gomes put us level straight after half time I still think we’d have come across the same result BHA would’ve just stepped it up quicker.
We’re 4/10 in most facets ie organisation, resilience, mental strength, defensive ability and about a 5/10 in goals scored.
Nice on the eye at times and everyone will say nice things about us when they’ve beaten 3 or 4-2.

Meh. Shite competition should be binned. Especially with the rank favouritism of the seeding system.

Don't really learn anything we didn't already know. The absence of our best players just made the issues the strongest XI have even more pronounced.

If injuries/suspensions occur tonight gives you an insight into it really.

We've got some triers and they sensed they could get something out of it but just didn't have the guile to make it happen. It's like having your hand on a child's head while they swing wildly.

Couple of special shoutouts, proper 0/10 stuff from Sarabia. His attitude was just off throughout. Booked through his own stupidity and laziness.

We're Wolves fans, we've seen some anonymous performances in our time but Hwangs showing tonight is like the quintessential anonymous performance. It was nearly impressive how MIA he was.

As most have said Hwang efforts tonight were similar to the abominations we saw under Lage. Sarabia will probably return to Spain and talk about his nightmare in England and how it was all GON fault.
No you’ve got some talent we’ve seen glimpses just your attitude is dreadful and entitled.

We have moments but we were always second best.

Same v Newcastle and we’re going to see it a lot this season.

GON picks weird players in weird positions, using weird formations. His in-game management and decision making is poor.

He can only keep hiding behind these tiny positives for so long.

The results will get him eventually.

I mean, it’s not far off looking like Gary has lost them. The players were running through walls for him last season despite the issues. It looks more now that they don’t trust him anymore.

Sarabia has checked out, but I thought his attitude was shit towards the end of last season too. Other than him, I don't see an obvious lost the dressing room theme. Hwang being anonymous has happened in many a game under 4 different managers.

Sarabia has checked out, but I thought his attitude was shit towards the end of last season too. Other than him, I don't see an obvious lost the dressing room theme. Hwang being anonymous has happened in many a game under 4 different managers.
Maybe I’m seeing what I want to. Just been a lot of things already this season that were… well we lack conviction in most things we do right now. If that makes sense.

Somewhat understandable. Gets a run pre-season in most games, does OK...ish... and then doesn't get a look in thereafter. Easy for Mr. "I played for PSG" to adopt such an attitude. Sure, it's unprofessional but players hold most of the cards these days and he doesn't give two fucks as he's getting his cash wad every week and walking away laughing.

Last edited:
Trying to look at the positives. Doyle played well. Rodrigo had some good moments as did Lima and Guedes should definitely be getting more minutes based on his Carabao Cup appearances.

Back