• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) 29/10/22 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a bit of a difference between swapping Hwang for Costa, and completely ripping the team apart! 'What harm can it do' ffs

I do like this Conor Ronan campaign.

fetch-regina-george.gif

We've played 13 games (including the League Cup tie vs Preston Reserves) and he has played 0 minutes and 0 seconds.

Depressing when we are worried about facing Brentford - but's it's a fact when Lage has decimated the heart of the club & Shi has shown that he knows nothing.

Was due to be at the Leicester game, but had a real reaction off the Covid booster & flu jabs I had the morning before (plus there was a massive thunderstorm & torrential rain shortly before I needed to leave). Binned off the trip even though I lost £75 as a result and wasn't that upset. Even less so when I saw the result & it's taken me till today before I could face watching the highlights.

For the rest (unless we can appoint someone who has a connection with the squad & some idea of proper strategy) then almost inclined to provide experience to the younger players we will need after.

Don't want to rely on him, but Hwang to come back in with Costa doing the last 20 (as said by others the brain is there, but the body isn't). Play him with Podence & Traore who will at least be random so no one knows what's going to happen

Neves must be thinking 'what the feck am I still doing here' (though he wouldn't spell it that way as he wasn't in Father Ted, but it should get round the swear filter)

Will still try to do a few games as I can be a masochist at times.

That third goal is absolutely lovely.

I just fancied watching something nice vs Brentford because I don't think I'll get it tomorrow.

Reactions: b3h
Personally, I don't want Hwang anywhere near our team after his 'clearance' against Newcastle, so I'd play Guedes instead, poor as he's been.

Hwang isn't very good but I've seen him score for us more than once and play well more than once. He does try as well.

Guedes does absolutely nothing. A forward who isn't quick, isn't creative, can't cross, can't beat a man, isn't strong, doesn't try, isn't good in the air and so far has barely even had a shot, let alone scored. Absolutely awful, I wouldn't pick him over current day James Henry.

Hwang being played and continued to be played as a winger/IF is nearly as demented as how Nunes has been mismanaged. If he has to play I'd like to see him centrally and see how he goes. High possibility he might still be dreadful but give him the chance there.

No idea what to do for tomorrow. There’s so many issues with this squad/team and it’s seems there’s no way of solving all of them.

Neves can’t play in the base of this 3 the way we’re playing it at the moment. He certainly can’t play it if one of the 8s is Moutinho and Nunes isn’t exactly mucking in either.

But then we can’t really play a midfield 2 as we don’t have a genuine 10 or 2 strikers of the required quality, although if think the latter of those may be lesser of the evils.

Then the CBs are struggling at the moment but we have no real replacement and I’m not massively keen on going to a 3 although it may also help solve some of the issues in other parts of the field.

So I’d probably look at something like this.

——————-Sa

Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno

————Neves —Traore

Adama————————Podence

——— Costa ——Hwang/Guedes

I mean I really don’t play either Hwang or Guedes. I think the former is an actual hinderance to the team in possession but might try at least whereas the other isn’t interested or anything special. If we’re just going to go resorting to Bueno and Adama crosses play Hwang. If we’re going to try and play a bit then I guess is Guedes.

I can’t really get Nunes in the team. I feel we need the legs and combativeness of Traore and Neves is going to play. If he can start getting round the pitch more and playing deeper then the 433 may be a lesser of evils as it means we don’t play Guedes or Hwang.

The final option is going 343/352. It solves the CB struggles issue. It solves the issues out of possession in midfield. It’s play Nunes deeper and keeps Hwang and Guedes out the team.

——————-Sa

—— Kilman Collins Toti

Semedo Neves Nunes Bueno

Adama———Costa———Podence

Or swap B Traore in for any of that front 3 in a 352.

At the end of the day it won’t make a difference what we do if the players arent up for it as you know Brentford will be physical team who are up for it at home after a big defeat.

Toti ain't fit so you're going to have to play Mosquera in Scenario B.

Toti ain't fit so you're going to have to play Mosquera in Scenario B.

Can’t see him being different surely. Untested could be a risk but no different to Toti originally and you’ve got to play eventually otherwise I don’t know why your here. Don’t think any solution we can put out comes without some form of negative as I tried to illustrate. Sad times given the money we spent

Oh I agree, I don't care either way.

Sa

Yerson
Collins
Kilman

Semedo
Nunes
Neves
Bouba
Bueno

Costa
Adama

That kind of looks OK. In theory.

Harkin is smaller than Hodge isn't he?

Imagine if Harkin gets minutes ahead of £27,000,000 Gonçalo Guedes.

That third goal is absolutely lovely.

I just fancied watching something nice vs Brentford because I don't think I'll get it tomorrow.
What a strange 12 months from that game. Dick them that day and the season after they ommer us 4-0..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back