• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boring, boring Wanderers

Yeah it'll be ace to see him walk out onto the pitch.

My mate's parents have an ace photo of him aged 10 when he was a mascot stood next to Keith Downing. It was against Newcastle at Molineux - I reckon it was November 1991 - can anyone guess who Newcastle's captain was that day? Clue - he has a connection to Wolves.

Was it Mark McGhee?

Have booked for the Derby game, though coming up more for the company/meet up with others from here than the football.

Really not sure how many more I will bother with this season.

(At least my 'other' team are doing OK - Into the FA Trophy quarter finals & a chance of a Wembley day & on the cusp of the playoffs in the Conference - went to watch Woking a lot in the 80s having got married with small children, a mortgage and no money - unable to justify the cost or time for visits to Wolverhampton)

Yeah it'll be ace to see him walk out onto the pitch.

My mate's parents have an ace photo of him aged 10 when he was a mascot stood next to Keith Downing. It was against Newcastle at Molineux - I reckon it was November 1991 - can anyone guess who Newcastle's captain was that day? Clue - he has a connection to Wolves.

Was that the 6-2 game?

If Wolves had played more exciting football, but were at the bottom of the league, would there be less moaning?

Nope, it finished 2-1 to Wolves.

Mutch. Bully only managed 1!

Remember both games wasn't John Burridge in goal for Newcastle in that game in November 1991?

The thing is that's a hypothetical and an extreme one at that. It's unlikely we'd be so bad as to be below any of this year's bottom five in any circumstances. For a start we probably wouldn't have drawn and lost vs Bolton, lost to Bristol City and drawn vs MK if we'd played better football.

I could go to the other end of the scale and say if we'd used Afobe properly this season, he were on 16-17 goals by January and we were putting in a proper tilt at the top six, he might not have wanted to leave.

He lost me quite some time ago.

We're not going down so like many others I am completely dumbfounded as to why we persist with this awful brand of football. Is it because he just isn't a very progressive manager who doesn't have faith in his own ability to try something different or is he just plain thick?

McCarthy frustrated the hell out of me in the Premier League but at least we all knew what he was trying to do. We're nowhere near being one of the weakest sides in the division so to treat the likes of Reading with so much respect is untakeable and an insult to the fans.

I don't think anything will change while he is in charge, irrespective of having Dicko and Graham in the side next season. Time to go.

The message needs to become much more clearer than on message boards/twitter. As child like and naive as it sounds, simple chants of "attack" or "push out" from minute one would be a start. I have been disachanted with our style of play from the moment Jackett walked in. The likes of Sako and Dicko and to a lesser extent Doyle, glossed over how dull and defensive we were even in League one - I am truly amazed fans have only cottoned onto it now.

The message needs to become much more clearer than on message boards/twitter. As child like and naive as it sounds, simple chants of "attack" or "push out" from minute one would be a start.

That has been shouted out with gusto after 30 seconds in every home match I've been to in the last 25 years, regardless of what stand I've sat/stood in. The same folk who should "TURN!" when a Wolves player receives the ball with his back to goal, sometimes with 3 brick shithouse midfielders directly behind them.

The point is that certain fans have bawled out orders to attack 30 seconds into a game for as long as I remember.

And I do get that but you seem to suggest my point was of a similar trend, which it isnt, it is a frustration that has grown and grown and only now seems to be recognised by the majority. I do not fall into that "certain fan" category I can assure you but how can we get across the point? Are you happy with the football served up? For me, KJ is either telling us lies or is a pretender behind this "vision" and "philosophy" that is often spoken of. You mentioned 25 years, well using that I have saw much more exciting, attacking football than has ever been served up by Jackett during his reign, which says alot in itself. I dont think it is good enough.

Shouting "Attack" from minute one will make no difference whatsoever. Chanting for the managers head has worked in the past though...

Our fans gave Mick dog's abuse for his final 3-4 months here after all he'd done for the club and barely even had a whisper of anti-Saunders sentiment. Almost as if a load of them haven't got a clue what they're on about.

Back