• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Camden are relaunching the IHL. Knocked the ABV down to 5.8 and changed the name to Show Off and tagging it as a juicy lager (no idea why really) but more importantly.....Tesco will be selling it from Monday.

http://www.camdentownbrewery.com/beer/show-off-lager/
Just seen this. Rebrand is terrible, but it's pretty awesome that it's going into Tesco. God bless ABInBev! Hope they haven't fucked around with the recipe too much, although reducing the abv does suggest it won't pack the same flavour punch as before.

leedswolf said:
Cloudwater, Ridgeside and NMBCo have done some good ones.

I'll have to keep an eye out for them, HB had loads of NMBCo on the site Wednesday but didn't spot that one or i'd have tried it.

I know this post won't be popular on here, but... the cricket club had sharps Atlantic on draft this evening and it was actually pretty good. Well not bad anyway.

Atlantic is a good pint in the right place. Enjoyed plenty of it down in Cornwall last month.

I was pleasantly surprised. Not tried it before as just assumed it would be doombarish.

Currently drinking a vu du yu lu by Siren. 7.3% little bit extreme for the price and volume. Very nice though.

Decent beer that was. Siren have sort of ambled into a middle ground where most of their beers are middle ground stuff, OK but nothing amazing. The barista project stuff was raising the bar for them as most of them were quality (the white stout one wasn't so clever) but for the most part I think Siren have stood still over the last 18 months or so.

Which you have to do over the phone by speaking to a human. Fuck that.

Sure I’ve cancelled Beer52 without calling in the past.

How recently? Last time I had to cancel (after I "won" a free box of beer) it was phone call only.

They got a lot of flak for it if I remember correctly, so perhaps they have changed their policy.

It was ages ago, think they did a cheap box for Christmas a couple of years ago if I remember rightly. I do remember something about not being able to cancel though.

Back