• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I see CAMRA are in the news again. Bellendery from the leadership of an increasingly rudderless organisation.

What's happened?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43841175

Asked to embrace change in that the leadership have asked the members to accept that CAMRA support all drinks in all pubs whether that be a fosters, strongbow, Banks's or Cloudwater. Apparently a consultation (it doesn't say who with) has bought this vote about.

The cynic in me says they have done this deliberately to reinforce their own one-eyed view and the vote will fail. Particularly as they've included the shite drinks that the majority of members think are abhorrent. All this so they can retrench their position that craft ale isn't real ale.

Utterly pathetic and weak leadership.

CAMRA lost it's relevance years ago.
They've still got a huge membership though. If directed properly, they could still help make the beer world a better place.

Focus on more free choice in pubs and proper cellarmanship instead of discount vouchers and driving down the price of cask ale. All that has lead to recently is a prevalence of Greene King IPA and Doom Bar in every pub.

The likes of Twisted Barrel and Burning Soul need support, fair pricing, promotion and routes to market far more than Marston's and Morland do.

QED
2cadf1368a963ede156fd3ce6ca0cb10.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43841175

Asked to embrace change in that the leadership have asked the members to accept that CAMRA support all drinks in all pubs whether that be a fosters, strongbow, Banks's or Cloudwater. Apparently a consultation (it doesn't say who with) has bought this vote about.

The cynic in me says they have done this deliberately to reinforce their own one-eyed view and the vote will fail. Particularly as they've included the shite drinks that the majority of members think are abhorrent. All this so they can retrench their position that craft ale isn't real ale.

Utterly pathetic and weak leadership.

I cancelled my membership a year or so ago, but interestingly, a load of my friends have said they won't be renewing following this rather narrow minded decision. Got into a debate with a CAMRA volunteer down the local a few weeks ago about this, and it really is impossible to argue with folks who are so stubborn and set in their ways.

Leeds is right IMO - it lost it's relevance a long time ago.

it really is impossible to argue with folks who are so stubborn and set in their ways.
I overheard two old boys discussing it the night of the vote. I had to bite my tongue and not engage.

Tonight's Honest Brew order:

Azimut - Sour Pineapple & Ginger 5.2%
Azimut - DDH Double IPA 8.3%
Azimut - New Zealand DDH IPA 6.3%
Eight Degrees - Neon Velvet Kiwi & Lime NEIPA 5%
Garage - Soup NE IPA 6%
Signature Brew - Banfi Grapefruit Sour 3.8%
Northern Monk - Double Heathen DIPA 10%
Northern Monk - Don't Mess With Yorkshire Pale Ale 4.5%
Redwillow - Perceptionless NE IPA 6.6%
Tiny Rebel x Fierce Beer - Orange Mocha Frapp Stout 7.0%
Frontaal - Juice Punch v4 NEIPA 5.8%
Bear Republic - Hop Shovel IPA 7.5%
La Pirata - Liquid Fear DIPA 8.7%
Evil Twin - Sumo in a Sidecar IPA 7.0%

Ordered these for my gaffer, he drinks lager and I've told him to broaden his horizons.

Cloudwater - IPL Cashmere 6.0%
Signature Brew - Blindside DDH Lager 5.8%
Redwillow - Wreckless APA 4.8%
Mondo - Ghost Dance DIPA 8.0%
Lost & Grounded - Patternicity IPA 6.8%
Wild Beer - Madness IPA 6.8%
Brew by Numbers – 01|04 Ginger & Grapefruit Saison 5%

Oooh, new Double Heathen....?

Back