• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I had a glass of Hobgoblin Gold this evening at the Acorn in Nuneaton. They charged me a scandalously high price of £2.65 for my pint...

Shame all those pubs are closing, though, right???

STOP TAKING THE BAIT!!!!

:fished:

tenor.gif

SORRY!!

Shame all those pubs are closing, though, right???

No it was one pub, and one that has been open for years. They have three or four guest beers every fortnight. Some are good, others not so good. As this is the beer thread I feel I am entitled to comment on a beer I enjoyed at a reasonable price. My apologies if it offended your standards, which are obviously far higher than mine.

##Gladimnotabeersnob##

STOP TAKING THE BAIT!!!!

:fished:

You could not be more wrong. I was merely commenting on a beer I enjoyed. It is a shame this forum has changed somuch that the only opinion that matters is that of our self proclaimed expert Machin.

I've never proclaimed myself an expert.

I received the Beermerchants mixed box today. Not so mixed as 6 cans were Lervig's Hazy Days. But there's some absolute blinders in there too. Northern Monk's Knucklepuck and a couple of Deleriums.

All for a very reasonable £1.25ea. Better than some brown ditch water costing double the price in some shit hole frequented by people of dubious political tendencies......

........such as the pubs in Stoke where UKIP are encouraged.

Had the Knucklepuck tonight and all the hop character had gone from my can so it just tasted of malt.

They've sent out a Lervig case free of charge given their initial cock-up, so fair play to them.

It's not really their fault the Knucklepuck isn't at its peak. There's no chance it'd be in one of these boxes if it was fresh and they're obviously trying to clear stock.

Still, it's hard to grumble given the cost! Hazy Days is a lovely beer and is ridiculous value at just over a quid a can.

Just back from my local, where I had a pint of Purity Ubu on cask and a pint of Purity Longhorn, which is only sold as keg and is marketed as a craft beer. Two excellent beers, though very different, and both £3.60 a pint.

Just back from my local, where I had a pint of Purity Ubu on cask and a pint of Purity Longhorn, which is only sold as keg and is marketed as a craft beer. Two excellent beers, though very different, and both £3.60 a pint.
Purity is available at La Bastille in St Helier. £4.60 for a pint of Longhorn. They have Pure Gold and Pure Ubu on cask and on keg they have Lawless and sometimes Saddleback.

Had a Christmas card from Beer52 yesterday saying they'd put £10 credit in my account so I can get their latest 8 beer case for £14 or the 10 beer one for £19. Don't think I can afford it anyway though!

Longhorn is really good, but it's £4.70 here!

Had a Christmas card from Beer52 yesterday saying they'd put £10 credit in my account so I can get their latest 8 beer case for £14 or the 10 beer one for £19. Don't think I can afford it anyway though!

It'll probably sign you up to their subscription service automatically, which is a pain to cancel now. Well, a pain in as much as you actually have to phone up and speak to an actual human being.

I received the Beermerchants mixed box today. Not so mixed as 6 cans were Lervig's Hazy Days. But there's some absolute blinders in there too. Northern Monk's Knucklepuck and a couple of Deleriums.

All for a very reasonable £1.25ea. Better than some brown ditch water costing double the price in some shit hole frequented by people of dubious political tendencies......

........such as the pubs in Stoke where UKIP are encouraged.

I got the same box. Five Hazy Day, which seemed excessive. Three each of Kona's Longboard and Big Wave. A couple each of Wild Beer Bibble, Knucklepuck, and Deleriums and then a couple of bog standard German Pilsners which I think are Lidl's finest.

Not the worst selection but not a patch on what Honest Brew sent last year.

It'll probably sign you up to their subscription service automatically, which is a pain to cancel now. Well, a pain in as much as you actually have to phone up and speak to an actual human being.
Yeah, you have to subscribe again. I was going to ask if anyone wanted to pay me to order them a case with the discount but if I have to speak to an actual human being to cancel then forget it. I don't like talking to people!

Back