• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

A quote from P & O advert today: "Belgium has 10 cathedrals and more than 1000 beers to choose from. Naturally, no one is suggesting you should try them all"
I agree - When you've seen one cathedral you've seen them all

Fucking Brewdog emails just pulled me in.

Pump Action Poet - 7.5% Stonefruit IPA x 2
Abstrakt AB:22 - 12.5% Imperial Stout
Buxton/Omnipollo Yellow Belly - 12% Imperial Stout (Fucking amazing beer. Absolutely fucking amazing)
Green Flash Palate Wrecker - 9.5% Imperial IPA

I was in the Lake District yesterday next door to Hawkshead brewery. Picked up a few IPA's and Red cans and bottles along with a Moor Brewery collaboration called Half Cut. A 9% DIPA. Looking forward to it.

There's a Magic Rock/Other Half collab DIPA called Half Cut - you sure it's not that? In a 500 ml can.

I know it's a bit more generic stuff but Sainsburys are having a big change in their beer range, so a lot of stuff will be reduced over the next week or so. I picked up some Caesar Augustus for 93p a bottle. You can also get 4 cans of grolsch for 2.50

You can also get 4 cans of grolsch for 2.50

giphy.gif

Grolsch is rank. Awful aftertaste to it.

Sainsburys has improved it's range recently but its still behind pretty much every other supermarket. Best thing on their shelves is probably the 4 cans of Hop Fiction for £6.
Caesar Augustus for 93p is a fucking steal though. Cracking beer.

Beavertown - Humuloid. If you see it, buy it in vast quantities. 8% DIPA. As thick and juicy as freshly squeezed tropical fruit juice. Still has a piney sort of nettle like hoppy sting in the tale to remind you it's actually a beer. Just phenomenal. Might even top any of the hazy Cloudwater DIPAs I've had. A more complex hop profile in this one.

Beavertown - Humuloid. If you see it, buy it in vast quantities. 8% DIPA. As thick and juicy as freshly squeezed tropical fruit juice. Still has a piney sort of nettle like hoppy sting in the tale to remind you it's actually a beer. Just phenomenal. Might even top any of the hazy Cloudwater DIPAs I've had. A more complex hop profile in this one.

Where've you had that?

Honest Brew have got some in stock too I think.

Back