• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Away Games

The Wild Beer bar is possibly even better, especially for imperial strength stuff.

22 tap lines, half of which are usually guest beers and a serious range of bottled stuff.

Was that there at the arse end of 2015? Didn't see it or I'd have been in there.

Thought so. What's that pizza place with its own micro brewery? A good call for lunch.

ZeroDegrees?

It's alright there, but plenty of better stops around nowadays!

I was considering doing Barnsley away only because I have some work to do up there so could plan it at the same time. Are you lot saying Barnsley on a cold winters night isn't much fun lol??

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I saw Michael Branch get applauded off there by the home fans one night, he was that good. So there's that.

ZeroDegrees?

It's alright there, but plenty of better stops around nowadays!

That's the one. The lamb pizza and mango IPA were class when I went.

I saw Michael Branch get applauded off there by the home fans one night, he was that good. So there's that.
I think I remember listening to the commentary on that one shame he couldn't hit a barn door. Is the ground isolated any pubs/curry houses close by?

Thanks for all the ideas so far guys, if theres any more thoughts thats great. It seems most of em are worthwhile, biggest issue will be getting tickets apart from Fulham it seems. Just waiting to hear from my boys about available dates and logistics, then I can get on with it

I think I remember listening to the commentary on that one shame he couldn't hit a barn door. Is the ground isolated any pubs/curry houses close by?

Oakwell is not very far from the town centre and it's not the worst place I've ever been following us. Nothing spectacular, but reasonable enough.

If I ever start going to away games again (not on the agenda for the foreseeable) then it'd be one I'd go back to.

Oakwell is not very far from the town centre and it's not the worst place I've ever been following us. Nothing spectacular, but reasonable enough.

If I ever start going to away games again (not on the agenda for the foreseeable) then it'd be one I'd go back to.
Thanks DW I am going to give it a bash I think had a look there are a few local b&bs close by so should be good fun.

Oakwell is a decent away day for sure. Not a classic but not too bad at all.

OK so next question any of you lot heading to Oakwell? I know a few of the old mix lads I have only seen Wop on here who I know but it would be nice to sink a few beers with you guys if you are making the trip.

Confirm what others have said - Brentford is a good day out with little aggro

Conversly Bournemouth is rubbish (though you don't need to bother about that this season - or probably next either!)

I went to Barnsley in the 90s - uncovered end and I think the gents didn't have a roof on it.

Pretty sure a police horse knocked/nudged me into someone's front garden

I had a weekend in Bournemouth - I was quite impressed with it. Rarely seen that much totty in a nightclub!

Just booked hotel and ticket for Barnsley, then I watch that video above and pray that doesn't happen lol. I haven't been away for years and I am blatantly abusing my job to be up there and the hotel etc... but I cant wait, if any of you lot are up there let me know would happily meet up as im on my tod.

I am also contemplating Ipswich away if I can actually find some business over there to abuse in the same way.

Barnsley is now a completely covered end. It was when we took the cast of Ben Hur to celebrate the championship win.

Last uncovered bog I experienced was at Chesterfield in the league cup Saltergate monsoon. That was a touch damp.

Pretty sure a police horse knocked/nudged me into someone's front garden

My only foray into hooliganism (being a devout coward) was walking in the road at Wolves v Coventry late 80's If a policeman on a horse tells you to get on the path, do it, or the horse will side swipe you with its head :)

Back