• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) 21/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Suppose only JRB could have been changed and he wasn’t too bad last week.
I'd have changed him. I thought he was pretty much anonymous, even when we were well on top. The fact Lemina was more involved on the right and he's a DM spoke volumes.

No doubt we're playing that weird role for Lemina again today

Not really. It was a mess with Lemina wide right and JRB left. It just doesn't work.
Well maybe I'm overly optimistic that Lemina, Gomes and Andre will play as a 3 rather than Lemina bring shoehorned out wide, also Doc isn't starting which was my biggest relief.

Well maybe I'm overly optimistic that Lemina, Gomes and Andre will play as a 3 rather than Lemina bring shoehorned out wide, also Doc isn't starting which was my biggest relief.
I'm with you on playing as a 3 but GoN doesn't play that way as @Lycan has pointed out.

I'm with you on playing as a 3 but GoN doesn't play that way as @Lycan has pointed out.
GON hasn't played that way so far but surely he sees what he's doing isn't working. I'm a tactical numpty but he must see his best 3 midfielders played together could have a real grip on midfield?

GON hasn't played that way so far but surely he sees what he's doing isn't working. I'm a tactical numpty but he must see his best 3 midfielders played together could have a real grip on midfield?
I don't think he will buy would be delighted to be proved wrong.

It seems so obvious to me if he's playing this high level gegenpress style he wants to then play the same formation that did it very well with players that are in the squad that fit it.

But then what do we know 🤷

If it's as shown on the Wolves app, a 4-4-1-1 with Lemina on the right and Bellegarde on the left, then O'Neil is fucking idiot and the sack can't come soon enough. Surely he can see that isn't the best use of the players he has?

If it's as shown on the Wolves app, a 4-4-1-1 with Lemina on the right and Bellegarde on the left, then O'Neil is fucking idiot and the sack can't come soon enough. Surely he can see that isn't the best use of the players he has?
4-2-3-1 according to LL.

Lemina in the middle of that 3 ahead of Andre and Gomes

Lemina seems to be more central. If anything it’s Gomes pushing further forward but Bellegarde is definitely hugging the touch line on the right and that’s just not his game.

RAN you fucking idiot. Such a stupid booking. Just let the ball roll out of play if you’re gonna do that.

Weak yellow, he was literally tbrowing himself down before ran even touched him

Still stupid

And more dumb shite from Ait-Nouri... just better to let it run out for the throw in

Promising enough start. Cunha playing more off the left and Bellegarde on the right. Which looks a bit better.

Back