• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) 21/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

I think we’re probably fortunate that they’ve not been brilliant themselves so far and had a European away game this week. I know they have won 3/4 but all by a goal without playing that well

Right miserable bunch of bastards on here aren't you?

I think it'll be a good game, Everton gave them a good game, and I think we will too. Especially if we can be clinical for once.
To some degree it is understandable. If you look at stats and stats alone then we're in a really poor place. Losing last weekend in that manner doesn't sit well.

Personally, I disregard the end of last season as we'd already done the hard yards and everyone was on an upper with GON. This is where the rubber hits the road and we find out how good a manager he is and how he can adapt with what he has.

Villa are at home tomorrow with their crowd behind them. Huge difference to playing away at Everton. It's a local derby and although we all know they are arrogantly looking down their noses at us, they have a right to do so given where they are now.

Our team is half decent but when you have a back line as piss poor as ours and a midfield with little structure to protect them, then you know we are going to ship goals. At the other end, we simply don't make the right decisions often enough and often play slowly when attacking. Our best moments have come when we have broke away at pace and hoped to get someone on the end of an opportunity.

So, in a nutshell, we're playing the away game many European teams do when they go away. It isn't that entertaining and you are always waiting for the inevitable from the home team.

Villa are at home tomorrow with their crowd behind them. Huge difference to playing away at Everton. It's a local derby and although we all know they are arrogantly looking down their noses at us, they have a right to do so given where they are now.

They were at home to Everton.

Definitely, GoN saying he spoken to the higher ups is a sign he was called into a meeting and asked how he's going to change this.

I'd say he's on borrowed time.
Played it off as "me, Hobbsy & Jeff speak regularly". I personally don't think Fosun are seriously considering sacking him. They're too pigheaded and probably think we just need to rock up against the generic bottom half teams and we'll turn them over. Of course, those of us that have watched football for more than 5 minutes realise this is a crock of shit.

Jeff can be a fucker when he wants.

Waltz - Binned him early doors
Lambert - Out on his arse when Jorge got him Nuno
Nuno - Pissed him off so they both agreed it had to end
Lage - Probably got longer than he deserved but when it was in your face obvious we were in the shit he binned him.

Only Lop he hasn't booted out himself, he chose the bullshit route for that to happen

Regulation 3 or 4 nil defeat for me I’m afraid, I can’t see any way out of this at the moment I’m afraid, on the plus side I’ve booked the Mediterranean Restaurant for Sunday night, every ones a winner. ;)

In fact how many comfortable wins have we had full stop under him?! Brentford away and Everton at home last season, not many others?
Yeah. We have lots of basketball games which is awful and amazing at the same time.

Back