• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

NSFW Amusing/Interesting/Thought Provoking Video + Picture Thread

My mate is odd, he actually prefers Carling, Fosters or any of the tasteless beers/lagers.
I find it very strange, it's almost like he hates flavour.

My mate is odd, he actually prefers Carling, Fosters or any of the tasteless beers/lagers.
Is his favourite TV show Mrs Brown's Boys..?

I have a mate like that too, reckons it means he doesn’t get drunk as quickly.

Belgian, German, Czech, even British, all good.
Tbf I just like beer.
Had a nice local dark Basque beer on the French/Spanish border but buggered if I can remember what it was.
Not sure I've ever tried American beer apart from the crap like Budweiser, Millers etc, got to be some nice ones surely. Is there a craft beer industry out there?
Yes there are a ton of good craft breweries over here. In Winston-Salem where I live, Foothills Brewing and Small Batch are great, and everytime I go to Charlotte, I love visiting Birdsong or NoDa.

@Alan u been to one of those? Favorite in Charlotte?

NoDa always; I remember when the first release Hop, Drop, 'n Roll and suddenly everyone was going crazy over them; sold out everywhere for like a month.

I have a mate like that too, reckons it means he doesn’t get drunk as quickly.
Actually, yesterday we went to a 'do' at the Sun, he had to drink Titanic lager and he struggled with the strength.

Actually, yesterday we went to a 'do' at the Sun, he had to drink Titanic lager and he struggled with the strength.
Was in the sun for a fairly lengthy session on Saturday, going to show the wife this post and say that's why I couldn't unlock the door when I got home at night.

Was in the sun for a fairly lengthy session on Saturday, going to show the wife this post and say that's why I couldn't unlock the door when I got home at night.
I've just checked and their lager is the same strength as Carling😃 so no idea why he thought he was getting pissed quicker the silly old duffer.
Is the Sun your hostelry of choice?

I've just checked and their lager is the same strength as Carling😃 so no idea why he thought he was getting pissed quicker the silly old duffer.
Is the Sun your hostelry of choice?
Pretty much, it's only a mile or so down the road and the first pub on your way into town. Plus my Mum worked there for years..

Beer is good, but I wish they branched out a little and had more guest beers.

I know several people like that. They'll throw 6-7 pints of it down their neck per night. If I ask them why they drink it, they just say it's what they're used to. If I offer them a pint of Moretti they say it just tastes too strong. So basically admitting they prefer drinking piss water.

I tend to go for Staropramen or Moretti wherever I can get it. Not keen on the taste of Madri personally.

Probably should be in the 'things that annoy you' thread but always enjoyed a pint of Kronenbourg during my younger days, not much of a drinker these days but had one recently and it tasted crap.

Why do breweries merge or buy a brand and proceed to change what makes the drink successful?

Pretty much, it's only a mile or so down the road and the first pub on your way into town. Plus my Mum worked there for years..

Beer is good, but I wish they branched out a little and had more guest beers.
When was she working there? Spent a lot of time in The Sun in 80s and 90s. Bonfire nights were epic

When was she working there? Spent a lot of time in The Sun in 80s and 90s. Bonfire nights were epic
Mid 70s to mid80s I think - mainly when Brian Deakin was landlord. There's even a newsletter front page for when Brian 'fixed' the raffle so she won a huge teddy when I was born :)

Mid 70s to mid80s I think - mainly when Brian Deakin was landlord. There's even a newsletter front page for when Brian 'fixed' the raffle so she won a huge teddy when I was born :)
Brian could be an utter cock at times but ran a great pub. My mate looked after his beer for years and the Bass was superb. Perhaps we should have a pre-season trip for the Stafford members of the forum?!

Brian could be an utter cock at times but ran a great pub. My mate looked after his beer for years and the Bass was superb. Perhaps we should have a pre-season trip for the Stafford members of the forum?!
I remember Brian. He was a decent bloke and we got on well. Before he moved to the Sun he had the Unicorn on South Walls IIRC.

Created by Yanks actually, no one drinks it down there and the stuff we have is brewed here.
Yep 2 American brothers first brewed the stuff in Melbourne. In the early 20th century, Foster's merged with other brewers and formed CUB (Carlton & United Breweries).

Foster's Lager and Light Ice is available in some Bottle-os in Australia.

I'd be up for that, not sure I'm ever drinking ever again yet though :)

Back