• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
A personal highlight from last night for me was Neil Kinnock comprehensively putting the boot in on that piece of work Galloway. Absolutely dripping with contempt.
Watched this morning "a chancer" being the nicest the thing he could say

SKS firing through his cabinet announcements - Clocks off in 2 hours, so in a bit of a rush
Excellent, nice to have a leader who just gets on with stuff and doesn't do any fannying around.

I just want a grown up in charge. No petty point scoring, no ridiculous agendas, no playing to the gallery, no rampant and blatant corruption. It shouldn't be too much to ask.

He'll get stuff wrong and I'll call him out for it when he does but I can pretty much guarantee he'll be a cut above anything we've had since 2010.

I just want a grown up in charge. No petty point scoring, no ridiculous agendas, no playing to the gallery, no rampant and blatant corruption. It shouldn't be too much to ask.

He'll get stuff wrong and I'll call him out for it when he does but I can pretty much guarantee he'll be a cut above anything we've had since 2010.

Bang on.

I'll also take dull and boring over this weird quasi-celebrity culture that's infested politics over the past decade or so.

Just do the job you're there to do. You're not there to be popular, you're there to govern.

No shuffling of Ministerial briefs for no reason is nice also.

It's got to take a year realistically before they know the subject and are able to actually challenge spads and instruction from above. Cabinet's been more like Extra Personnel the last few yeara

Also I see that Gavvy Gav won (5k majority) but he would not have been my MP any more at my old house. He now does Stone, Great Wyrley and Penkridge.

Bilbrook now covered here and Mike Wood (no, me neither) won.

SStaffs1.png

Oh yeah, it's peak boomer shouting at clouds territory. Love a bit of Brexit too.

PM SKS's opening line better be "FUCK THE TORIES...
And, his first few tasks after naming his cabinet will include replacing the person(s) who are responsible for giving Kuenssberg a contract at the BBC and 5 seat Farage unwarranted publicity, but also Stuart Attwell a job at PGMOL.

My constituency too now. Knew it was pointless me turning up yesterday but oh well.

Basildon goes Reform after a recount.

So 5 seats. 5 seats that should hang their heads in shame but far better than the 13 predicted in the exit poll.
That’s the south Basildon bit, down to the Thames and outer edges of Thurrock. A proper shit place to live (I did for a bit, my kids were born there and I couldn’t wait to get back out), hit hard by decline in industry along the river, it’s cheap so lots of Eastern European migrants. Brexit central. Edit - and the Tory council lost a load of money on a dodgy solar panel scheme, so had to whack council tax up.

Northern Basildon is the nicer part, and is voting with Billericay which is city-boy commuter territory. That stayed tory by 20 votes.

Silly buggers.

Last edited:
Back