• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
Got up to a great result, looking forward to seeing what Labout can do.
Disappointing that Pritchard got back in in the Wrekin but not a surprise. Quite pleased that Labour got as close as they did. Always a big ask for a former Afghani refugee to win in this area.
Shame Labour's % of the vote wasn't higher.
But overall a good night.
This vote percentage thing is actually a massive red herring. Most of those figures are based on what has essentially been a two party state since about 1930. The Liberals might get close to what they have tonight in their best years in that time, but outside northern ireland that was pretty much it until the SNP started getting seats

We now have (sadly in some cases) viable forces picking up votes from SNP, Green, Plaid, Reform, plus all the Irish parties, and then Galloway's lot and associates have hoovered up votes if not seats.

So the overall percentage of votes to Labour and the Conservatives are bound to be lower. And, with that being the case, the way to win elections is to use the vote share efficiently. Who cares if you hold one seat with a 25k majority, if you can pick up five of the other sides with efficient use of votes? Tactical voting is now clearly here to stay as well.

Wonder which constituency had the closest result? Just checked where I grew up and see Labour won Boro South by a couple of hundred votes - no Reform candidate there it seems. Wonderful to see the North East and Cumbria go pretty much entirely red.

13 seats for the scum seems to have been a happy ‘miss’ for the exit poll too.

Basildon and Billericay was 20 votes I think.

There was another Conservative hold by about 65

Margaret Thatcher - Finchley LOST
David Cameron - Witney LOST
Theresa May - Maidenhead LOST
Boris Johnson - Uxbridge and Ruislip LOST
Liz Truss - South West Norfolk LOST

Impressive of Rishi to lose all the seats of his predecessors bar John Major's seat of Huntingdon in one night.

Tories still got double the votes of anyone else down here, though Lib Dem and labour together would have beaten them. Still annoyingly blue all around me

Fuck me. Only one Conservative MP in all of Buckinghamshire and all around where I went to school

They used to weigh the Tory vote to save time.

I hope Rishi has his brolly this time when leaving Downing Street. Very nice of the weather to match what it was on the day he called the election

He will be with brolly. Can't drip rainwater all over the carpets at Buck House afterwards can he.

I hope Rishi has his brolly this time when leaving Downing Street. Very nice of the weather to match what it was on the day he called the election
It's gloriously sunny up here this morning. As it is over most of the country I'd imagine.

I ended up nodding off around 4am, saw Badenochs speech and she dare I say this, seemed reasonable for a change gracious in her winning and had good things to say about starmer, saw Rees mogg getting interviewed on channel four, and he was ok as well, had a sense of humour knew he’d lost before the count, glad he’s gone, disappointed I missed it

TBF a few days later she followed it up with a post about the article aging like milk in 30 °C heat.

Justine Greening massively putting the boot in on Sky News about how shit the Conservative Party has been since Bozo took over. Nice to see some of those who lost the whip because of that cunt firing back. Hopefully Ken Clarke could do similar.

Brecon went Lid Dem. Wouldn't have been upset if Fay Jones had remained as the Conservatives could do with more MPs like her imo.

Back