• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
Jess Phillips has only just hung in...jeez

Jess Phillips has only just hung in...jeez
Yardley declaration was ugly. I know Jess isn't everyone's cup of tea but what a horrible campaign by Galloway's party by the looks of it

Farridge calling himself centre-right ffs
He'll be the Leader of the Tory / Reform Party at some point before the next election. This result tells me that's inevitable. Don't know if it's been shown on any of the TV stations, but I'd like to see the seat distribution if their numbers were combined.

Starmer has a thumping majority and it would be churlish to ignore that obviously, but on waking up this morning it feels much more like a rejection of the Tories / SNP than an endorsement of him. Medium term the what, not the why is all that matters though

He'll be the Leader of the Tory / Reform Party at some point before the next election. This result tells me that's inevitable. Don't know if it's been shown on any of the TV stations, but I'd like to see the seat distribution if their numbers were combined.

Starmer has a thumping majority and it would be churlish to ignore that obviously, but on waking up this morning it feels much more like a rejection of the Tories / SNP than an endorsement of him. Medium term the what, not the why is all that matters though
Without a shadow of doubt that will be his wish. I'm not sure he has the strength behind him yet to perform a coup on the Conservative party, but I fully expect him to try over the length of the parliament.

The choice of the next Conservative Leader will probably shine a light on his realistic chances.

Cleverly held on, and gave a very decent speech for him. Badenoch and Braverman look like the other possibilities, along with Hunt if he wants to stand.

67 Lib Dem MPs now. Not seen numbers like that for a century.

Waking up to see Rees Mogg gone is one wonderful feeling

Just got back after broadcasting throughout the night at the Dudley count. Bit of a surreal night after the exit poll…Conservatives already knew they had lost, Labour had everything to lose, LibDems were few in number but on a high…as for Reform, they polled big but will always win small.

Long night….

Truss defeat predicted to be incoming shortly

Turnout only 60% which is piss poor
Lowest turnout in at least 80 years. That suggests a lot of the shy tories stayed at home, rather than switched maybe?

I do think turnout needs to be boosted. Voter ID in the sea might help a bit, but beyond that I don't know how you engage the perecentage of the electorate that doesn't want to be engaged.

Truss has vanished before the result is announced 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: jlo
Maidenhead is Lib Dem.

If Truss loses every former prime minister's seat will have been lost by the Conservatives in one night

Back