• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga appointed head coach

Everything about what's happened since the takeover - season-long loans or one-year contracts for Silvio and Zenga - scream to me that we're seeing Fosun leverage Mendes' contacts books to get as many players in as possible before the start of the season, and that they equally expect a few of them to be duds. (Including Zenga.)

Bet you anything that come January we're going to start spending big sums on permanent deals for more thoroughly-scouted players, just as much as Zenga is only going to be here as long as he's a) not struggling to win games and b) accepts whichever players he gets given by the powers that be.

Interesting...

@tim_spiers_Star 2m2 minutes ago
Zenga's contract is for one year, with the option of a second year.
I like it, an extra incentive rather than always having one year left. :)

Seems a bit interim, doesn't it?

Not really - our previous Managers were on 1yr rolling contracts (at least going back to Mick they were) - so no one over the last 10yrs had had a guarantee of more than 1yr at Wolves

Press Conference video. That first question - fucking hell.

I swear Jez managed four expressions in 0.3s there.

That first question is a disgrace, whoever it was should just give up journalism now.

Fucking hell, that first question :icon_lol:

I like what I have seen so far! Not afraid to shake the tree is he? Lets see how he shapes the side in the window. Looks like it will be a fun ride. No hangers on with him I think.

And the questions about Bully at the end, jesus.

Much more quality in his answers than in the questions - suspect that a random group from on here would have been better than those there asking

Jez clearly not a part of the appointment as he very quickly passed over to Jeff when asked why Zenga was the right man

Much more quality in his answers than in the questions - suspect that a random group from on here would have been better than those there asking

Jez clearly not a part of the appointment as he very quickly passed over to Jeff when asked why Zenga was the right man

Based on Jez's answers he probably needs to leave sooner rather than later.

Yep, pretty poor all round from him. I thought it was poor taste to thank Kenny Jackett and Joe Gallen in front of the new man, it looked like a thinly veiled dig at Jeff Shi and made Moxey look every bit the classless tool he is. Zenga to his credit took it well and nodded his head sagely.

Yeah - clearly not playing a part in any meaningful decisions

Jeff Shi needs to get agreement from his Chinese overlords to take over temporarily till a new CEO is appointed - which I doubt will be long in coming given the speed that they have approached things so far

There were some awful questions asked - can't believe they pass themselves off as journalists.

Yep, pretty poor all round from him. I thought it was poor taste to thank Kenny Jackett and Joe Gallen in front of the new man, it looked like a thinly veiled dig at Jeff Shi and made Moxey look every bit the classless tool he is. Zenga to his credit took it well and nodded his head sagely.

I wouldn't quite say that just because there hasn't particularly been a chance for Jez to express it in any way beforehand! I suppose through the website but on a similar vein - we actually haven't heard anything from either Kenny or Joe Gallen since the sacking! It's been awhile since we got rid of that Welsh whats-his-face, I don't remember whether or not the silence is the norm but I distinctly remember something with Solbakken...or was that just through the E&S?

Just got in from work and my first chance to see our new manager talk, I am impressed. He has a warmth and charisma we have lacked for some time. I thought he handled some of the more difficult questions very well, its a thumbs up from me so far!

Back