• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

World Darts Championship

Back to 3-5. Lewis' finishing has been piss all game, let him back in.

6-3 in the end. He made hard work of that.

Barney looked shattered, if he had played like he did last night he would have won that. Lewis much more likable these days, doesn't come across as a cock.

9 darter for Anderson, brilliant.

Anderson should beat Lewis for me. He looks absolutely brilliant.

He'll win with plenty to spare if he plays like that. That was as good as anything MvG has produced this season when he's been on a run of something like 18 straight televised wins.

Just had a quick glance at the BDO stuff. Good Lord.

21 darts into a leg and somebody has 103 left. Hit the treble 20 first dart. Excellent. 43 left. Either hit a 3 to leave tops or a big fat 11 to leave 32. But no - hitting single 8 right by the sixteen wire is obviously a new and better way.

The standard is really poor.

They still have the "big bloke hitting a bass drum" sound effect every time a dart goes in too, which winds me up.

Plus Mr. Wom Hummrerrrrrd still doing the scoring.

I saw a 3 scored yesterday. Three single ones.

42, 11, 43, 26.

The first four scores from this Danish woman who's playing now.

Quality...

However, credit where due - Fallon Sherrock is a pretty decent player.

The BIG difference between BDO and PDC generally (for the men). Less deadly on the treble 20. Much more regular drift into the 5 and 1. Much weaker finishing.

Sherrock somehow lost. Hankey time. At least he can play a bit. Put the TV over as the cricket has finished so I now have sound. I had forgotten quite how much the score announcer at Lakeside annoys me.

Had the Sajwani game on earlier and it really was appalling stuff. There were 4 or 5 legs in a row that were all won in 21 darts or more, including at least one 24 dart leg. Watching Everton v Spurs in preference to the darts.

Tony Green has just mentioned for the THIRD time that Part won the title in 1994 as a Canadian. Doesn't seem to want to mention the PDC title that Part won though. Strange that...

Hankey on 190 after 15 and still comfortably in the leg.

Tony Green - this could be a classic. This is high-scoring.

Wrong on both counts.

Green really is a crap commentator. Goes way overboard on average stuff. It's like he's never had a Sky box in his life so doesn't watch any PDC stuff.

John Rawling brought the PDC up at every opportunity when on comms with Green yesterday but failed to illicit a response. How Green is even back after his incredibly sexist and condescending manner in the women's games last year and agin this is a mystery. He is also incredibly biased towards one player in pretty much every game he commentates on. Not of course forgetting he is also completely incompetent as well.

Hmmmmm - well into set three and I haven't seen the averages put up yet. Is that because they are fucking rancid?

Back