• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Rams - Matchday Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've only forced 1 save out of their keeper that I can recall. Good performance but not good enough.

Derby should be 1 up or Batth red card, bossed the first 30 minutes then Derby coming on strong

Very fortunate to be level here, derby finnished much the stronger side.

Batth very lucky
Kuszczak has done well
How often is Golbourne the out ball on the left
How often is Doherty beaten by ball over the top and out of position
We may have had the play, but they have had the chances
Need to close them down quicker in the 15 yards in front of our box

Not sure Bent was getting to the ball first but Batth is very lucky. Good game so far, which I think we have played really well in. Need to keep track of where Ince is when he drops in to receive a bit better.

Very open game, as expected. Our formation is as likely to lose us the game as win it. We need to close the ball down when they are 20/25 yds out rather than standing off them. From where I am at the NB end of the Family Enclosure I was expecting to see a red card

Lucky in the first half need to improve in the second dont allow them time om the ball ref saved us from being 1-0 down

Doherty should be off and Iorfa on, Ince is tearing him apart. Price and McD need to close down the space more but it looks like they are stoping passes rather than shits from distance. Tactical decision rather than pressing.

Afobe, Dicko, Sako and Golbourne all looking really good tonight. Derby look frail at the back.

Reasonable first half but defensively we look slow. Allowing too many long shots.

Sako, Henry and Dicko all looking good.

Doherty has made a few good runs forward but looks like he was running through treacle trying to get back!

Doherty should be off and Iorfa on, Ince is tearing him apart. Price and McD need to close down the space more but it looks like they are stoping passes rather than shits from distance. Tactical decision rather than pressing.

Afobe, Dicko, Sako and Golbourne all looking really good tonight. Derby look frail at the back.

Thank god for shit refs. Couldn't have had too much to moan about if there'd been a penalty on bent and red card a few minutes after tbf.

About right.
Sums up the half too.
Henry was on fire for the first 30 mins, but his deliveries faded as Derby cottoned on to him.
Kuszczak made a couple of decent saves and came out well to punch clear 2 1/2 times.
Batth should have been sent off for that, although given the falling to earth by Bent, we could have another 'Falling or Diving' thread for that alone, but he did pull his shirt as Bent was about to enter the box but their bloke was a lot more blatant and held on for longer, but with those sort of semantics in play, the fact was that both pulled a shirt quite clearly, and the difference is that Bent was in a goalscoring position, I think Batth was the last man and he did pull his shirt... so that's a foul = red card.
So yes, shit ref and it's to our advantage. Again.

Their keeper hasn't had to much to do, I think only 1 chance when Afobe in space got hold of a great cross by Henry and lashed it against his legs and clear.
Kuszczak has been by far the busier keeper, but done everything ok.
One clearance fisted away wasn't, it was fisted up... about 50 yards up and came down in the box when it was passed then smashed in but we cleared that.

0-0, Very entertaining, no shit performances, and overall we're lucky not to be down 1-0 and down to 10 men.

nervous....... very nervous. I want an early second half goal to steady us down and put them back on the back foot

Seems like a big crowd too. all the corners seem full...
Terrific atmosphere. Noisy all the time.

Dicko and Sako have both been superb, Price been very quiet and Doherty good going forward (by his standards) but not good enough defensively.

Wrong Roy. There no such thing as "last man" in the rules of the game.

The ref has to be certain the striker is going to get the ball to be a clear goalscoring opportunity. He didn't look like he was, or at least enough doubt that he would. The ref could never give a red there IMO.

The only argument against the ref is that he should have played advantage and they score.

We neee to score first to get anything out of this game unless it ends 0-0 but that doesnt help us

I think Doherty has done OK, won some good tackles high up the pitch. 1v1 he is still quite weak.

McDonald and Price definitely looking to screen off passes from midfield to Ince rather than try and press, agree there.

Glad Dicko has come back into form. Spell out of team looks to have done him some good.

nervous....... very nervous. I want an early second half goal to steady us down and put them back on the back foot

Agree with that!!

An early goal for us will quieten them down - if only. (Would love Dicko to get that as we need him to start scoring again)

Wolves great, Derby cheating twats!, that's what being a football fan's about surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back