• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Newcastle 11/01/2020 Build Up Thread

Liking the tactic of going behind early and starting the comeback with more minutes available than usual.

Even the Newcastle players were telling the ref that they put the ball outside lol

Jimenez and Traore have barely been in the game so far. We're constantly going down our left. I'd like to see us switch it up a bit more to get those two into it more.

Willems is basically playing as a 2nd LB atm so there isn't a whole lot of room out on the right

Three forced subs? Damn, that medical and coaching staff need to rework a lot.

Steve Bruce must have loaded an early version of Champ Manager with the injury bug.

We seem much more in control now. Just got to make sure we score while we're on top.

Raul should have put us ahead though really.

We are giving the ball away in areas that are costing us. Other than that they’ve barely got near our goal.

Got better as the half went on but I feel sorry for Neto - literally nothing came off for him, but he’s clearly a level (in quality) below our other players. Simply put - we need to go out and buy a better player who can play in that position this window.

Doc is having a stinker.

Raúl simply has to score his chance, even if it was a good save.

Going a goal down is so frustrating but Adama and Raul grew in to the game and we should have enough to go on and get the three points, even if we’re still a bit suspect at the back.

Odds on Neves scoring a worldly after his shocking shooting in the first half?

Got better as the half went on but I feel sorry for Neto - literally nothing came off for him, but he’s clearly a level (in quality) below our other players. Simply put - we need to go out and buy a better player who can play in that position this window.

Doc is having a stinker.

Raúl simply has to score his chance, even if it was a good save.

Going a goal down is so frustrating but Adama and Raul grew in to the game and we should have enough to go on and get the three points, even if we’re still a bit suspect at the back.

Odds on Neves scoring a worldly after his shocking shooting in the first half?

Yep. I thought a Neves thunder Bastard is due! More goals at both ends in this

Watching the VAR replay, it was certainly a penalty judging by the decisions made so far. I agree it would have been a bit soft but no more than Mahrez one against us. Have we yet had a benefit from VAR this season ???

good lord someone score :icon_lol:

Back