• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves - Sevilla EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL Math thread

Proud of how far we got, disappointed we didn't have more of a go at them.

Enjoy your rest lads, you've certainly earned it

We've played well but we're simply up against a better side. I'm proud of the boys tonight - dissect it all you like, but Sevilla were just better than us tonight, I'm not sure what else we could have given it.

Kept possession better maybe

27-73 in possession

Great run
Missed the chance to take the lead
Offered fuck all there after that
Defended for our lives
Conceded too late to do anything about it.

They have to target a cup next season. This team has to fulfil its potential.

And I hope Seville don't win it.

Got what we deserved really. Defended well but offered nothing going forward.

Having said that, if Raul scores the pen and we hang on to win 1-0 I'd have been saying what a great, valiant performance it was!

Went as I expected. We had a short burst of playing well for the first 10 mins until the energy dwindled, then it was all about trying to nick something against the run of play.

If the officials do their jobs properly we maybe have something to hang on to though. I'm thoroughly glad to see the back of this season's VAR decisions.

Bollocks, had me believing there for a moment. Its been a fantastic season and a great achievement, winning something is the next step just need to build the team and improve on where we are.

God knows how though, I'll leave it to the best management I've ever known

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

We've played well but we're simply up against a better side. I'm proud of the boys tonight - dissect it all you like, but Sevilla were just better than us tonight, I'm not sure what else we could have given it.

Maybe, like, attacked a little bit.

Proud of us and theres no shame in going out in the QFs, but this is a challenge for Nuno if we're going to continue to grow: create and score more without sacrificing our decent defensive solidity

No corners, barely a shot - says it all. Adama did fuck all apart from creating the penalty (which should have been re-taken for 2 reasons). Minutes befoe he was subbed, he received a ball inside their area but instead of accelerating away on his own, he stops and waits for the defenders to get back !!!! £60 million - you must be joking

Sevilla best side for 70 minutes but it's a different game if we score the pen. Everyone played well apart from Jimenez who looked very tired.

Boys looked shagged for the last 30 at least and got what was coming really. Disappointingly powder puff up front for a while now

Sevilla were the better team and deserved to go through, we should have been able to keep at least some goal threat though we couldn't hold the ball up top or provide anything in the way of attacks and it just became attack bs defence pretty much all half.

Only shit from me when the goal went in - we are not quite at this level yet, but have outperformed what most would have thought we were capable of & am still proud of what they have achieved.

Penalty goes in & who knows

No corners, barely a shot - says it all. Adama did fuck all apart from creating the penalty (which should have been re-taken for 2 reasons). Minutes befoe he was subbed, he received a ball inside their area but instead of accelerating away on his own, he stops and waits for the defenders to get back !!!! £60 million - you must be joking
Always got to have a scapegoat. Why not just say the better team won

Another challenge for Nuno, I've read the word 'tired' about 300 times tonight: to combat that, if we actually want to compete in multiple fronts seriously, maybe don't have a squad of 15 players you actually are prepared to put on the pitch, let's increase that by two or three

27% possession, 0 shots on target

what more do you need to know

think you are unfair..he didnt almost get a pass all game..deep like for the pen

Sevilla were the better team though we competed at a high level - as said penalty goes in & the game changes.

Another challenge for Nuno, I've read the word 'tired' about 300 times tonight: to combat that, if we actually want to compete in multiple fronts seriously, maybe don't have a squad of 15 players you actually are prepared to put on the pitch, let's increase that by two or three

sorry, i was a bit repetitive ;)

Too negative an approach for me. Yes, they are good, but you have to give them something to do defensively and we were awful in that regard. Zero threat for 88 minutes. Such a shame after a really good couple of seasons, but we aren't at the level to compete against the best teams. Yet.

Back