• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Kit Thread

GO6FOWbWMAAyo82.jpeg

Not that the club deserves the benefit of the doubt, but just to show that pre-production mock-ups and the final versions can and will look significantly different.

Rancid betting sponsors pretty irredeemable either way.

For fans of benchmarking pricing

Spurs new Nike shirt - £85 standard (pointless elite version £125)

For fans of benchmarking pricing

Spurs new Nike shirt - £85 standard (pointless elite version £125)
If any Spurs fans fancy being a full kit wanker - Adult Shorts - £45

Football is being gentrified.
I don't want this to sound like a poke in the eye, but in a lot of ways it baffles me that it's taken until 2024 for American sport prices to infect Europe.

I don't want this to sound like a poke in the eye, but in a lot of ways it baffles me that it's taken until 2024 for American sport prices to infect Europe.
Why should America be dictating European price points?

Why should America be dictating European price points?
What I mean is, the shirt prices y'all are (justifiably) upset at have more or less been the norm here for a long time. Certainly I remember many an argument with my mother in 2003-2004ish asking her for a Steve Smith (NFL receiver) jersey; even back then it was $165.

I'm glossing over a lot of idiosyncrasies culturally but my surprise is that nobody was looking at the extent to which American sport fans have been happily getting ripped off for decades and trying to apply similar levels of capitalist cuntery to soccer. I genuinely suspect that there's a connection there.

"Well if we can rob these dipshits blind, why not those ones over there?"

Last edited:
What I mean is, the shirt prices y'all are (justifiably) upset at have more or less been the norm here for a long time. Certainly I remember many an argument with my mother in 2003-2004ish asking her for a Steve Smith (NFL receiver) jersey; even back then it was $165.

I'm glossing over a lot idiosyncrasies culturally but my surprise is that nobody was looking at the extent to which American sport fans have been happily getting ripped off for decades and trying to apply similar levels of capitalist cuntery to soccer. I genuinely suspect that there's a connection there.

"Well if we can rob these dipshits blind, why not those ones over there?"
There are 2 fundamental differences though, NFL shirts are made of far more durable fabric and players aside are in date for multiple seasons. PL ones last one.

My Maple Leafs jersey cost about the same as the new Spurs shirt, has no sponsor logos and will be worn by the team for about a decade, unchanged.

Same for the Blue Jays. Bought a jersey in 2017 and they’re still using the exact same one

The suggestion was that we, here should follow suit with what America do, rightly or wrongly?
The suggestion is that capitalists will inevitably squeeze consumers. I'm surprised it didn't happen to y'all sooner, that's it.

There are 2 fundamental differences though, NFL shirts are made of far more durable fabric and players aside are in date for multiple seasons. PL ones last one.
For sure, those are some of the idiosyncrasies I was thinking of. It's not a 1:1.

Either way it's not something I'm glad to see y'all deal with.

Back