• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 0 Aston Villa: May we never take this nosebleed for granted.

I don't mind Villa at all. Blues I detest, Albion there is a massive rivalry tinged with grudging respect, but we always seem to have got on well with Villa.

Nuno got it right today - whatever the quality that the like of Jota, Neves, Bonatini bring onto the pitch still think that he was the most important signing we made

This was supposed to be a reply to
Someone who said their fiancé didn't
Like sport..

Bin her now!!!!!

Nuno made the change at half time which really helped. We could all see we needed more presence in the box, and that was exactly what Nuno said was behind the substitution.

A lot of managers would have left it until 60+ mins to change it so it's refreshing to see someone sub players so quickly when he can see things aren't quite right.

In a bar in the all inclusive hotel in Mexico that I'm at, trying to find the game on their tv, guy walks in and asks "what game are you watching?" turns out he's a Wolves fan!

Great game, we were exceptional.

Just Wow! What a change from the last few seasons and what a set of players we've assembled. So happy that I don't even care that the police stopping us getting the train at Wolves meant we missed our connection at New street. Pick up organised from York so it's all good ;)

I've never seen us play better than that, the football was from a different planet and it was like watching attack vs defence in training at times. Nuno has done so much in such a short space of time and the players we have managed to bring in this season it's unfair on everyone else to be fair but who cares. The atmosphere was outstanding, to be a part of the Southbank today was incredible and can only hope that the atmosphere is at 50% of that for games where we play teams like Preston next week.

I thought most players were superb, agree Douglas was the weakest player but he wasn't poor. Miranda was outstanding, Neves and Saiss ran the midfield and Jota and Cav caused them all sorts of problems. We then had Bonatini to bring on who was class again. The league is ours to win imo and with Nuno in charge i expect us to do so and will enjoy watching it if this is how we are going to play, bring on Preston, City and QPR.

The atmosphere tonight was incredible. It wasn't just the South Bank, the whole stadium were on their feet at times. I love this club.

I think that villa are respectful of their rivals and agree their comments on today are fair. They are a top 10 side or better. We , however, are over performing! We looked, really, really good today against an in form side. It was a comfortable 2 nil.

The atmosphere tonight was incredible. It wasn't just the South Bank, the whole stadium were on their feet at times. I love this club.

Yeah they were and that was amazing, would love to see it more. I've never heard Molineux as loud as it was right after we scored singing "we're by far the greatest team" Fosun, Jeff, Nuno, Laurie etc.. have been a breath of fresh air for this club and it's great to want to see us play and know that the manager, players and all those behind the scenes appreciate the support.

Just a stat it took us until Boxing Day last season to reach the points total we have now last season.

Oh, and the football leading up to Jota's header (which was over the line, by the way) was absolutely sensational.

It was the first time I have ever said that we are taking the oiss. It was bloody brilliant. Are we really that good? Only time will tell but if we win 8 out of 12 all season we are up without question.

Hadn't quite realised that Preston were 5th and they've only lost 1 game. Saturday's game won't be easy but we shouldn't be worried about anyone if we play like that

A win Next week will be massive, especially with the games our rivals have got. Opportunity to get some breathing space as it's very congested up there

Despite all the champagne football one of the best things to see today was 2-0 and cruising with 5 or so left, Villa hit the bar and wee Jota is anticipating the rebound and flinging himself into getting the ball clear. Everybody knows their roles and execute them. No fuss, no egos.

Delighted with the win. We were fucking phenomenal. That passage of play with the olés not only deserved a goal but the spontaneous standing ovation at the end of the passage, very fitting.

Something special is happening with our club. Buckle up.

Fair play to Steve Bruce who acknowledged that Wolves were the better team. He did not try to make excuses, but said things as he saw them. Respect is due to him.

Just left the pub. Think the “out of office” is going to be left on most of tomorrow.

Portuguese media says Jota deal is done for 2 days now.

So about this player: this is the best signing so far. Jota is a super talent. Imo he will outshine Neves, make no mistake. He can play on both the wings or as a forward (on a 2 forwards formation though as the second man). He was Porto's best player last season.

Quite honestly, i would have Jota in Benfica sqaud without hesitation. I dont say the same about Neves so that is how high i rate Jota.

Well....

Back