• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Brentford: "That Familiar Sinking Feeling" Verdict Thread

There's a sort of masochistic pleasure in watching that goal. It's worse every time. Assume he has a four year deal so we get a fee when Forest Green come in for him.

I hope Forest Green stay far away.

At any rate that is truly shocking, no effort at all, couldn't be more obvious he didn't care. Send him to train by himself, I don't want him polluting the youth teams with his fucking shit attitude.

We sort of need him this week Alan. There is no denying that Matt is not the best in the world, but he is our only option with Iorfa suspended and injured so he is going to play against Boro.

Byrne has played at right back, there is no way he is any worse than that lumbering turd. I'd sooner play Simpson or Matinyadze than Doherty. However he will play and Boro will have a field day down that side.

We need Byrne up the field on the right. Of course RVLP will get that berth.

Finally home & have seen it (with a horrible sense of expectation as the video ran - surely it could not be as bad as you all said)

Regrettably I don't think any of you went far enough in your descriptions of awfulness - even I could have run for that, probably wouldn't have got there but I'm 65 with knees having had a lifetime of misuse but at least I would have tried.

Mind you the rest of the video doesn't make for pleasant viewing - the first segment showing the whole of the defence giving a demonstration of how to tackle thin air as Brentford pass their way around us is pathetic and what the fuck was Martinez doing trying to pass to a Brentford player on the edge of his box then only just managing to recover the ball at the second attempt - kick the bloody thing out of the ground, don't fanny around with it!

Batth's attempt at the header without putting any proper effort into challenging for the ball is almost as poor as Doherty

Batth's attempt at the header without putting any proper effort into challenging for the ball is almost as poor as Doherty
The entire right side of defence is a complete mess.

Why is Batth so far ahead of the rest of them? Why is Doherty tucked in so far? It's no wonder it went to shit when they were in such a mess before the ball even got near them.

Batth's worst form last year was when Doherty was in the team. Our horrific November form was as much about those two as it was Dicko being out and the tough run of fixtures.

Edwards is often described as a 'headless chicken' - clearly the rest of the team have been allowing him to take training sessions to pass this information on to them

Batth's worst form last year was when Doherty was in the team. Our horrific November form was as much about those two as it was Dicko being out and the tough run of fixtures.

Yup, Ebanks-Landell spent large parts at the start of the season constantly being pulled out into the right back area when Doherty was in for Iorfa.

At any rate that is truly shocking, no effort at all, couldn't be more obvious he didn't care. Send him to train by himself, I don't want him polluting the youth teams with his fucking shit attitude.

Your last sentence hits the nail. I Lbm not a fan of the lad.

Holy shit, first time I've seen that.

I don't care how shit Byrne is defensively, give him the fucking shirt.

Back