• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2018/19?

Where will we finish 2018/19?

• Champions league

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Top 6

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Top 10

Votes: 57 62.0%
  • Safe but no higher than 11th

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Bottom 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted Cyber

Is it about the right time for one of these? Given that the transfer window is earlier finishing this season I thought we were getting close. 3 weeks to kick off? Sorry if you think its too early but I am going for it any way

Personally I would look at a successful season being

1. 12-15 wins
2. 6-9 Draws

Cup quarter final in one of the competitions.

So by that maths 42 points minimum, 56 maximum- Based on last seasons table thats 7th at best , 13th at worst.

Top 10 for me.

The top 6 are way out in front of everyone else. Everton and Leicester then seem the best of the rest without being outstanding and after that there is a lot of mediocre squads around. Top 10 is a realistic target for me, and where we should be aiming.

Top 10 would be excellent and what we should be aiming at

Is it about the right time for one of these? Given that the transfer window is earlier finishing this season I thought we were getting close. 3 weeks to kick off? Sorry if you think its too early but I am going for it any way

Yes, it is, but if you are going early it needs to come with a poll.

I'm gonna go for 11th, but closer to the top six than the bottom three. Established in the first season as one of the chasing pack just below the top six, competing on a par with a team like Everton rather than Watford.

Top 10 for me.

The top 6 are way out in front of everyone else. Everton and Leicester then seem the best of the rest without being outstanding and after that there is a lot of mediocre squads around. Top 10 is a realistic target for me, and where we should be aiming.

100% agree. The ambition of the club is obvious for everyone to see, but it is being done in a calculated manner. Survival is not enough. Top 10 at least to build on for the following seasons.

Mod- can you fix my mistake?

add a poll to this

1. Top 6
2 Top 10
3. Safe but no higher than 11th
4. Bottom 3
5. Champions league

I think most people consider Watford a fairly established prem club now and think there 41 points last season was there best ever? Anything near or above would be a big achiebement I'd suggest. Its a very easy league to forsee losing or at least not winning for 5+ games in a row so there are a lot of tests this team hasnt faced before.

Edit - 45 is there record

Mod- can you fix my mistake?

add a poll to this

1. Top 6
2 Top 10
3. Safe but no higher than 11th
4. Bottom 3
5. Champions league

Why would you put the highest position at the bottom of the poll?

I see us as a solid 13th, maybe rising if we make some big moves in the market before the season starts.

If we come 17th I’d class it as a poor season, this is a different stratosphere compared to when we last went up. Gut feeling is we’ll hover between 8-14 and end up coming around 11/12th. We may have to peer over our shoulders occasionally.

I think we can make top 10 with two more signings.

I'd like to see us challenge for 7th and the possibility of Europa League. Some people still laugh about it but it is European football and can have some big clubs in it - did last year. I would love to see us in the EL in a few years. I think below the top 6 you'll have a mini-league of West Ham, Everton, Leicester and Burnley (unless they focus all their efforts on a Europa run) and us all pushing for 7th. I would like us to challenge for that and give us the chance to dream of European football.

I think below the top 6 you'll have a mini-league of West Ham, Everton, Leicester and Burnley (unless they focus all their efforts on a Europa run) and us all pushing for 7th. I would like us to challenge for that and give us the chance to dream of European football.

My thoughts too. I expect us to be in that mini league, and to finish first or second in it.

Might be useful to put the poll up again at close of transfer window. with the current players i went with 11th place, but with 2/3 quality additions i'd go top 10

My thoughts too. I expect us to be in that mini league, and to finish first or second in it.
We get to see how well we stack up against Everton and Leicester very quickly which will be a good indication of how we will perform. I think we will beat Everton right now and if they want to perform they need to hurry up and buy some players and get rid of the crap as the money is there but they're blowing a big chunk on Richarlison for some reason. I'm expecting West Ham to be the strongest team of those 4 named, great manager and have made some good buys.

Back