• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome new members

Hi Guys (and Girls ??). Wolves fan since the early 70's. My first Wolves memory is Ron Flowers Testimonial against an England side and I thinks Wolves won 8-4 but I stand to be corrected. My Wolves heroes are Kenny Hibbitt, John Richards and Steve Bull. Currently a Wolves Member so I saw 10 games last season and hope to improve on that this season. Looking forward to the new season. Fixtures are out next Wednesday I think ?

I was at the 1980 League Cup Final and 1988 Sherpa Van Final. Wish we could have a good League Cup run this year and take it seriously as I think most of us would be happy with a mid-table finish in our first season back in 'The Division From Hell', as ALOB used to call it !

Come On You Wolves !!!

Hello BadWolf, King Kenny was my hero too, so a big welcome to the forum from me :)

Welcome on board BadWolf

Thanks Darlowolf. Looks like you have been suffering for as long as me :)

Hello BadWolf, King Kenny was my hero too, so a big welcome to the forum from me :)

Thanks PPB. I met Kenny once. Lovely bloke. Took time to stop and chat for a while too. Hero on the pitch and off it.
I think he is a Referee Assessor now. Regularly on Radio WM on all things Wolves.

How are the Penguins doing these days ??

Thanks Darlowolf. Looks like you have been suffering for as long as me :)

The early years were pretty good but mostly down hill from 1982!! Things are looking up now though and it's probably time for my Sig to be changed although it served me well last season

Thanks PPB. I met Kenny once. Lovely bloke. Took time to stop and chat for a while too. Hero on the pitch and off it.
I think he is a Referee Assessor now. Regularly on Radio WM on all things Wolves.

How are the Penguins doing these days ??

I met him once too Mr Bad, lovely bloke. I think that was one of the rare occasions that PPB has been stuck for words. One of the best days of my life.

Penguins had a bad end to the season. They do brilliant until it comes to the playoffs , and then they all turn to shite. Also sacked the coach , which I didnt agree with.

Welcome to the Forum to bristolmary :)

Its always nice to add more females to the forum .

Hello everyone, and this is David, known on over 50 forum sites as 'daib0' and I'm pleased to have made contact with your mods through the game we have together on Sunday. Absolutely guaranteed no winding-up from my forum or myself, we're a friendly and non-arrogant lot (well, if you remember Reading in the old 4th division you can't complain at life this last decade!). Rather than try to write something nice and literary of funny, I'll just copy the spiel on RR and paste it on here. Look forward to sounding you out about Wolves affairs in the future...
David

Reading fan – always everywhere 100% in peace – and a founder moderator/organizer of the friendly Reading forum “Royals Rendezvous” forum. A fan since the later 70s standing half-way along the Southbank, and a season ticket holder for many seasons; then a later move to live in Spain (now speaks fluent Spanish) has not blunted his optimism in following Reading, although to be sincere visits are far and few unfortunately especially with the big economic mess we're currently in (1 in 4 unemployed!).
He works as a musician - cellist in the Navarre Symphony Orchestra and composer (mainly classical). Much to the despair of his loving Spanish wife and two Splanglish teenage kids (one of whom looks out for the Royals apart from following Osasuna!) he spends far too much time on football forums!!
So ... on 'Royals Rendezvous' what is his 'Contributor' role then? Well, a sort of a free-roaming global mod, trying to stimulate discussion by contributions where it's felt needed at any one point, and by doing a lot of "outreach work" and "ambassador" stuff for RR out there in the big (football) world!

Hi everyone, Cambridge based fan and long time lurker of this board.

Finally thought it time to say hello and hopefully contribute a little along the way.

First went to The Mol as a nipper with my dad in the early/mid 70's. Moved away from the area as a teenager and moved around a fair bit 'til settling in Cambridge a good few years ago.

The catalyst for 'signing up' is probably due to my 16 year old lad, who despite never having lived anywhere other than Cambridge, and under no pressure from his dad, is Wolves through and through. We've been going to about half a dozen or so games a year for the last couple of years and will probably step that up a bit as time and funds allow. It's a great feeling going to games with your lad when he's chosen the correct path, rather than being dragged along. KJ has certainly helped that, but we have seen our share of misery too. This year we've been at Fulham, the Bolton game and will be at the Wigan game tomorrow, with hopefully more to come.

All the best folks, CW.

Morning Guys
Thought I would try posting on here for a change....I see a few familiar tags....
Edge

Hi guys,
17 y/o here from Sussex.
Been 100% Wolves for the past few years, go to a number of away games every season. Have followed this forum for a while but thought I'd join during our current struggles this season!
COYW

He accidentally posted this in here then posted it in match day thread

Back