• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Watford v Wolves (A) - 01/01/20 Buildup and Matchday thread...

Defensively poor but some promising moments in attack. Final ball/decision let us down a few times but Neto and Adama certainly carry a threat. Doc and Donk have been useless. What Donk was thinking for their goal I'll never know. And I'd happily never watch Delefeou again, hes an absolute cunt.

Bennet has been a really good player for us, but we look much much better with Donk or Boly there. Get him off and let’s move on.

Agree in general, but I think it will be Leander who comes off today as he has played a lot of minutes recently (that said so has Joao but he’s not human)

I think we are playing quite well, much more energy than i expected given recent games.
Shit referring for me though.
To even try and relate the 2 handballs is laughable.
Netto is pulled down backwards and they want an handball!!! Baffling, ive seen there handball given, Deeney kicks Saiss in head, play should have stopped and he should be carded...Mou getting studded earlier on should have been a card.
Doherty is wondering up the pitch too much and losing his positioning allowing that little scrote to take advantage.

The game should have be stopped the moment Saiss got the kick to the head and free kick given.

We are not playing well tbh, but why are we always on the receiving end of such poor decisions !

Fuck. Just have to be changes at HT. And casting from your phone using BT Sports is like watching a game on dial up from the middle of a fucking desert

This is nonsense. We’ve got one of the best defensive records in the league . It is concern to be 1-0 down at half
Time once again though.

We should have been ahead, really poor efforts from Doherty and Raul after they had got in very good positions. Their goal is a bit of a freak in that Donck does a terrible pass and Duelofeu scores a very good finish from that angle.

Would be getting Neves and Jota on soon.

It’s not “nonsense”. We have been guilty of making individual errors in defence this season and we just look a lot sloppier this season compared to last.

Jonny passing the ball to Cantwell at Norwich recently and Donk today being perfect examples. This is the fifth game in a row we’ve been behind at half time. What I’ve said is literally true and not “nonsense” at all :icon_lol:

It’s not “nonsense”. We have been guilty of making individual errors in defence this season and we just look a lot sloppier this season compared to last.

Jonny passing the ball to Cantwell at Norwich recently and Donk today being perfect examples. This is the fifth game in a row we’ve been behind at half time. What I’ve said is literally true and not “nonsense” at all :icon_lol:

It is nonsense. Our defending has in general been excellent, especially since Boly has been injured. Our organisation is one of the best out of possession in the league. We’ve made some individual errors, sure, but it happens and we have had some bad luck at times where players are scoring efforts they might not usually.

The way we play out of possession is one of our strong points!

Well let's hope we sort it out in the second half. We are good enough to do so.

This is nonsense. We’ve got one of the best defensive records in the league . It is concern to be 1-0 down at half
Time once again though.

We should have been ahead, really poor efforts from Doherty and Raul after they had got in very good positions. Their goal is a bit of a freak in that Donck does a terrible pass and Duelofeu scores a very good finish from that angle.

Would be getting Neves and Jota on soon.

So you are right in that we’ve not conceded tons - but to be a goal down in two thirds of our league games has to be a concern, surely?

As for VAR/the ref/diving etc, I’ve got to the point where I don’t even know what the “rules” are - and I don’t think the people running the game understand them either.

So you are right in that we’ve not conceded tons - but to be a goal down in two thirds of our league games has to be a concern, surely?

I said exactly that! It doesn’t mean we’ve been poor defensively this season. We had two games where we were a shambles (Chelsea and Everton) but that was across all areas of the team to be fair

Neves for Bennett, Donk into the back three. We need to dominate the middle more. Matt Doherty pulling out of runs or simply not making them is worrying, they're struggling to contain Traore, Matt's helping them being this off his game.

It is nonsense. Our defending has in general been excellent, especially since Boly has been injured. Our organisation is one of the best out of possession in the league. We’ve made some individual errors, sure, but it happens and we have had some bad luck at times where players are scoring efforts they might not usually.

The way we play out of possession is one of our strong points!

Agree with this. We've only conceded three more goals than we had at this stage last season (I think) while also having to cope without our best defender. I think we have been doing pretty well.

As for VAR/the ref/diving etc, I’ve got to the point where I don’t even know what the “rules” are - and I don’t think the people running the game understand them either.

100% agree with you on this though!

Rule is easy - if it's Wolves, rule the other way.

Our defensive record is good, a lot of the goals we do concede though are soft. We have conceded 10 League goals from Dec'1st to today
Sheff Utd, Brighton 1st, both Spurs', Norwich, City second and today's all fall into that category. That's 7/10 the others I put down to a decent header, a good through ball and control and VAR

Back