• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Watford v Wolves (A) - 01/01/20 Buildup and Matchday thread...

We really have been poor defensively this season. We can’t keep giving teams a goal start and relying on the front players to get us out of jail.

That's got to be a penalty, the Watford player was looking at the ball unlike Neto.

Should have been a booking for Deeney. Foot was way too high.

Whas is the wording on handball then? Surely by sliding in with your hand like that you have benefited as the cross was blocked?

It's not a pen! Arm was virtually by his side.

Yes, I'm going on recent standards that any hand ball should be a pen pretty much (I agree with you otherwise).

Yes, I'm going on recent standards that any hand ball should be a pen pretty much (I agree with you otherwise).

To add, if that was an attacking play and a goal was scored, it would've been disallowed due to the handball. Therefore it should be a foul anywhere on the pitch

How the fuck do we end with a drop ball given to Watford when Saiss has been kicked in the head? Utter nonsense.

How the fuck do we end with a drop ball given to Watford when Saiss has been kicked in the head? Utter nonsense.
Because he stopped the game later on when Watford had possession.

Mixture of good and bad in that first half. Traore superb, Neto pretty good but gone quiet. Would like to see Neves and Vinagre on and get back to more how we usually set the team up (but with Jonny on the right instead of Doc who has been poor, but not the only one).

Oh, I am pissed off to the back teeth with always going 1-0 down. We should be winning this easily. Neves for Bennett, Jota for Neto

cant believe score is only 1-0, theyve had so many chances. we are very poor, lets pick it up second half

We really have been poor defensively this season. We can’t keep giving teams a goal start and relying on the front players to get us out of jail.

This is nonsense. We’ve got one of the best defensive records in the league . It is concern to be 1-0 down at half
Time once again though.

We should have been ahead, really poor efforts from Doherty and Raul after they had got in very good positions. Their goal is a bit of a freak in that Donck does a terrible pass and Duelofeu scores a very good finish from that angle.

Would be getting Neves and Jota on soon.

Bennet has been a really good player for us, but we look much much better with Donk or Boly there. Get him off and let’s move on.

Take Doherty's goals away and he is the weakest player in the team. I'd like to see Jonny moved over and get Vinagre on.

Have to say.
I kept saying stockley park were inept
They are not inept, they are as corrupt as fuck.
It's a stitch up by refs.

Bit Norwich-like so far. Mostly ok defending apart from (another) self-inflicted bad goal to concede...gotten in some really promising positions but been wasteful (Foster closed Doc down pretty well tbf for that one)

Needs Neves on for me...don't want to pick on him after the goal but I'm not sure Dendoncker's offering anything at the moment. Certainly not enough to help us get back in the game.

Poor first half again seems far to often now, we look knackered if truth be told.
3 games in 6 days is ridiculous and it looks like it’s starting to tell a bit.

Back