• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Watford Matchday Thread

It's another of Jackett's genius or idiot line ups. Other than the full backs I don't mind it as long as Henry is the one behind the forward. Let's hope after the match people are saying the former

The only explanation for Hause playing must surely be that Golbourne still isn't 100% fit, though then the question is why is he on the bench? I like Hause, I think he has a really good future here but he's being played out of position and it's not that fair on him.

There is obviously still some concern over Golbourne's foot. And maybe KJ has seem something and he feels Iorfa needs a rest/break.

Will be interesting to see how Henry does in the middle if he is indeed playing there.

Why on earth do people want Henry behind the forward? He's a winger with nothing but a decent delivery to his game. At least VLP has pace, can dribble and played up front before so could be ok there.

4-4-2 diamond for Watford by the looks of it with a shite RB and a CB at LB.

Because if it's RVLP which would be 442 we will get battered and if it is then why wouldn't you play Dicko?

Why on earth do people want Henry behind the forward? He's a winger with nothing but a decent delivery to his game. At least VLP has pace, can dribble and played up front before so could be ok there.

I agree. It'll surely be VLP up top with Afobe. Henry has never played centrally so not sure why he would start there today.

As tony says, if you're gonna play VLP centrally you should play Dicko.

As tony says, if you're gonna play VLP centrally you should play Dicko.

Not seen VLP and Afobe together centrally before so couldn't possibly say, but to use that as a reason to play Henry as the #10 for the first time seems odd.

Not seen VLP and Afobe together centrally before so couldn't possibly say, but to use that as a reason to play Henry as the #10 for the first time seems odd.

He obviously wants to play 4231 but not Edwards! Can't argue wort that!

does anyone know if Iorfa is injured? Nash the Witless casts no light on it. Iorfa was Football League Young player of the Month not so long ago FFS

A lot of Watford fans here. Hope we create a good atmosphere for the lads.

does anyone know if Iorfa is injured? Nash the Witless casts no light on it. Iorfa was Football League Young player of the Month not so long ago FFS

It's not his job to know about young players, be fair!!

I actually think Henry will do well behind the striker.

Already had some impact as a ball forward from Hause is held by Afobe, back to Henry who's through ball puts Afobe through. Comes to nothing as he is forced wide but some encouragment

VLP brought down running at the Watford defence - Sako FK cleared

Gomes spills a cross, looks like it's dropping in but he grabs it

Another VLP run , cross into the box causes some confusion. Gomes tries to claim the ball, but drops it & just recovers on the line.

Might not have been given though as a Wolves player all over Gomes at the time

Back