• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

So I played the Uncharted demo last night. It only took me about 15 minutes to complete. I'm not sure if its because its a remaster of a PS3 game, but I found it really basic? This might be a really stupid thing to say, but it felt like I was playing a game from a few years ago - the player didn't move smoothly and there were weird camera angles thrown in depending on where you were stood. It just felt a bit clunky. If you can get the 'Nathan Drake collection' for £40 though, I'm half tempted by it because the new game looks quality. Just not totally convinced after playing the demo. Much preferred the look and feel of TLOU which was also a remastered game for PS4.

Which game was the demo from? 1, 2 or 3? They improved as they went on - I wish it was out on the XB1 as I'd definitely get the Nathan Drake Collection. Some of the set pieces in the 2nd and 3rd games were breathtaking.

I'm not sure, mate - but I would be very surprised if it was from anything other than the first game.

The cut scene was Nate and a woman in a lift in a deserted hotel. He manages to escape the lift but the woman gets stuck inside. You work your way to the rooftop before having to take a helicopter out. That was the demo.

The first game isn't gripping me but it is 8 years old so I will plough through it!
I am more obsessed with broken earth by the makers of day of the tentacle. I used to love all the old point and click games!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I played on Tomb Raider over the weekend. Such an ace game, especially seeing as it was free on XBL. Looking forward to the next one.

Don't do much gaming these days, but I've just got an Nvidia Shield TV and playing Half Life 2 on there is awesome.

Half life 2 is an awesome game.

Don't do much gaming these days, but I've just got an Nvidia Shield TV and playing Half Life 2 on there is awesome.

Hi Tredman

What model Shield have you got? Is it wireless? Can you play Steam games on it?
Any pro's / con's that you have come across?

Would this be better than the Steam Link?

Thanks

Hi Tredman

What model Shield have you got? Is it wireless? Can you play Steam games on it?
Any pro's / con's that you have come across?

Would this be better than the Steam Link?

Thanks

I got the 16Gb version, but I've put a 64Gb micro SD card in to expand the storage. Can also use external usb hard drives I believe.

I mainly got it to use as a streamer in the conservatory - it does this via wifi very well. Full HD in Netflix, plus live tv via Kodi and my PVR backend.

It doesn't have steam as far as i know, but has GeForce now, which lets you play PC games direct from the cloud. Only played one or two games on there, so far, but they seem excellent. All played using wifi.

It's by far and away the most powerful android box around and very nice to use. You can do something similar to steam link and use GameStream to play PC games on there, not sure if that would work with Steam games though.

There's also some very decent android games too, like HL2.

All in all I'm very happy with it, it's seems to be a great all rounder. That said I'm not a massive gamer.

Big thread discussing it on another forum I waste time on here:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/nvidia-shield-android-tv-owners-thread.1964253/

The second uncharted seems to be a lot better than the first! A lot of different locations!
Also has anyone played the new assassins creed. I thought the last one was pretty lame but playing in Victorian London is a big incentive!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For the first time ever - no I 'm not.

I just don't fancy it these days. I didn't really enjoy Advanced Warfare, and I can see Star Wars Battlefront being my multiplayer fix in the coming months.

I'm the same. First time since CoD 4 I haven't pre-ordered or got day one. However, it seems they have a ton of content in there. When you complete the campaign you get nightmare mode meaning you can play the campaign again but it will be zombies instead of soldiers.

Really thinking about getting it.

Read some reviews and it sounds just the same as usual - dull, OTT campaign and nothing new with multiplayer. I've always enjoyed the multiplayer on CoD but I think i'm just tired of it.

Black ops II killed COD for me - it never seemed to grab my attention and I never completed it. The multiplayer was ok but I'd seen it all before, the reviews I've read for the latest incarnation seem to say it's the same as any other COD.

This month is all about Fallout 4 for me!

I've brought it for the 1st time since MW3 and if it wern't for it being a laugh when playing with friends, I would have returned it.

Caved and bought it today. Had a quick go and it's an improvement on Advanced Warfare. Will hold judgement until I give it a good go.

Picked up Mass Effect 2 for free on the PS3 this week.

It's been a few years since I played it........It is a superb game. Pure class.

I need to decide which of the following to buy next week with my saved Tesco Clubcard points.

Fallout 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Assassins Creed: Syndicate

I can ask for one of the others for Christmas.

Gut feeling: Fallout 4, and ask for ACS for Chrimbo.

Obvs getting Star Wars Battlefront as well. Not missing that.

Back