• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

That last game was off the scale.

Absolutely magnificent.

Absolutely unbelievable. A true Champion, and now - like Sir Chris Hoy - 100% British!

What a weekend for British sport!!

Absolutely unbelievable. A true Champion, and now - like Sir Chris Hoy - 100% British!

What a weekend for British sport!!

If only Hamilton hadn`t fucked up

Well done Murray ----- he`s a Wolves fan dontcha know

Zero marks to the BBC for closing out a fine championships with that reedy voiced oompa loompa Jamie Cullum.

Bit annoyed we got glimpses of Cameron, Salmond, Posh Spice and other 'famous faces'. Don't mind so much when it's ex-tennis players as its coverage of tennis. It's not 'Davey C's Down With The Kids Propaganda Hour'.

Might get some more beers and watch the highlights show later. :)

Missed the game but amazing, great to have a British champ!

Fantastic day for Dunblane! Amazing atmosphere in the pub, everyone was in tears at the end, not a single dry eye to be seen. The town has been through a lot and Andy has given us all a reason to be proud again. Just need to sober up now, got work in the morning. :shake:

Well done Andy!

My Wimbledon final experience

First Set - listened from 4-3 to Murray in a taxi back to hotel

Second Set - from the hotel

Final Set - 2-0 Murray watched in the hotel then have to leave for the O2. Get by a TV in the arena as Murray is about to break for the final time. Unreal scenes in there as people gathered around whatever screen they could. Place erupted on the winner. Very happy to have witnessed that moment of history

Well done to Murray. Fully deserved today. The wait goes on for another English Champion though.

Oh and why was the commentator constantly going on about Murray "making history"?

Well done to Murray. Fully deserved today. The wait goes on for another English Champion though.

Oh and why was the commentator constantly going on about Murray "making history"?

Do you have any idea how petty that sounds?

Do you have any idea how petty that sounds?
Does it? It wasn't intended that way. As I said he was a fully deserved champion.

I just want to see an Englishman (or woman) with the sort of talent that Murray has win it too.

BOl3nz5_CUAA4e_VD.jpg

But what's the problem if tennis is competed by Britain as opposed to any of the home nations? Did it matter that Sir Chris Hoy won all those gold medals, or did it mean more when Wiggins won gold?

Murray represents GBR so as far as I'm concerned, he represents the sporting body that I 'support'.

I did think of the olympics to myself earlier and in that situation it doesn't bother me.

Like I said before, it's irrational.

Back