• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Don't want to rain on the parade but Sean Connery's wife???

3666141026_bc6491a82a.jpg

Jeez cheer up Andy you miserable git!!

He can barely crack a smile.

They both look absolutely fucked.

(Murray and Djokovic, not Mr and Mrs Connery)

Worth staying up for, that.

What a final - congratulations go out to Andy Murray.

Worth staying up for, that.

What a final - congratulations go out to Andy Murray.

I won't pretend that I like Murray,and I wanted Djokovic to beat the Scot, but credit where it is due. Well played Murray, after his defeat to Federer at Wimbledon, he has done well to come back even more determined than ever. Still don't like him though.

congrats to Andy Murray in finally winning a grand slam..the last year he has raised his game one or two more steps..that was enough to win him the title. Djokovic is not easy to beat in hard court. Well done!

I won't pretend that I like Murray,and I wanted Djokovic to beat the Scot, but credit where it is due. Well played Murray, after his defeat to Federer at Wimbledon, he has done well to come back even more determined than ever. Still don't like him though.

And all of that is fair enough. I am not going to have a dig about you liking him at all as that is your right, but the well played comment is bang on.

I struggle to understand why someone would want a Serb to win over a Scot, but each to their own.

I struggle to understand why someone would want a Serb to win over a Scot, but each to their own.

A British Scot at that.....

Seriously though, Djokovic and Murray are both superb players - and have extremely similar styles, so I can't see how someone would want one of them to win over the other on style alone.

I wanted Murray to win because he's British. If he wasn't, I'd still want him to win as he was yet to win a Grand Slam.

Would you have watched it if Murray wasn't a Brit?

Until 2am? Not sure about that - it was a pretty awesome game but the desire to stay up all night to watch it was mainly down to wanting to see if Murray could do it or not.

I'd have watched it if it was on at a more sociable hour, regardless of who was playing.

Well played Murray. An epic game between two magnificent players. I am very pleased that Murray has finally won a grand slam event.

And a word of praise for Djokavic, he was so gracious in defeat, saying that Murray deserved the title. Well said Sir.

I agree with this. I honestly don't like the bloke but have gone slightly softer on him recently. You have to give credit where it is due, he is obviously a hugely talented tennis player and one of the best in the world in a tough era. It would be a shame if he hadn't won a grand slam and I'm glad he has now as he has deserved it.

I still hate his ugly as sin mother though.

I agree with this. I honestly don't like the bloke but have gone slightly softer on him recently. You have to give credit where it is due, he is obviously a hugely talented tennis player and one of the best in the world in a tough era. It would be a shame if he hadn't won a grand slam and I'm glad he has now as he has deserved it.

I still hate his ugly as sin mother though.

Why don't you like him though?

Back