• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Absolutely incredible. I've never seen anything like that.

So gutted for Rafa though, but nobody would get near somebody playing like that.

Is Nadal on Murray's side of the draw for the semi? Blimey.

And that bloke is ranked 100?????????????????????????????? Fucking insane!

The closing of the roof would have helped him immeasurably, those ground strokes were ridiculous.

You have to fancy Andy to get to the final now.

Not if Rosol plays like that I don't!!

Once in a lifetime performance.

Probably. Just an insane result though.

The closing of the roof would have helped him immeasurably, those ground strokes were ridiculous.

You have to fancy Andy to get to the final now.

I would love him to but this side of the draw is so tough, still got Ferrer, Del Potro, Cilic, Tsonga, Rosol if he can replicate this form and maybe Raonic. Lots of big servers and hitters in there.

Del Potro and Ferrer are nowhere near as effective on grass. I'd expect to beat Cilic and I don't see Rosol repeating that. Tsonga is the main danger but he wouldn't play him until the semi I believe.

Del Potro and Ferrer are nowhere near as effective on grass. I'd expect to beat Cilic and I don't see Rosol repeating that. Tsonga is the main danger.

I'd agree with that but on their day they are capable of causing an upset. I'm hoping Andy goes all the way though.

Murray battered the biggest hitter of the lot today in Karlovic. Tsonga and Del Potro are tough opponents and Cilic has caused Murray issues before. By no means a given, but this is an excellent chance.

I'd love it if Murray won this year.

That is still a lot to ask. There are still two blokes on the other side of the draw who can batter him in the final (although he has beaten both)

Is anyone listening to/ watching Sharapova grunt and scream her way through her match with that diminutive opponent?

The noise is just off putting. I care less that she gets £14.7 million from endorsements.
She might be attractive, but she's got an awful gob on her when she's playing.

I'd love to see one of the umpires, ask her to tone it down.... a lot!
Or better still, just shut the fuck up!

If it helps her focus, which has in turn helped her become an exceptional player, I'm not bothered how noisy she (or other, less attractive people) are. Lot of fucking fuss every year for two weeks, then nobody gives a shit how load she is for 50 weeks.

She's nowhere near the worst either.

Back