• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Ha! Four bad unforced errors by Stepanek in that game. Showing my excellent tennis knowledge there.

Grandniece is on duty again this afternoon on Court Suzanne Lenglen covering, amongst the games, the Nedal vs Groth match.

Murray's managed to lose eight games on the spin against a French bloke I've never heard of. None of this bodes well.

His form seems to have gone right off. Unsure why.
Perhaps he needs to address his coach issue. He might want to give Ivan a ring.

He was brilliant just over a week ago in Rome.

I guess if you're going to play poorly, get it out of your system in the earlier rounds. Though preferably not poorly enough to lose against a wildcard, of course.

I think he's developed his game for clay court tennis, and I still feel he is a superb athlete - actually, an example to many aspiring youngsters. Critically, he has an awareness that it isn't all about him, he needs the right support around him, and people to learn from.

He did well in Rome, I just wonder if it is seen in the right light, as historically he has been poor on clay. He's now developed his game to be compatible.

If he can sort this out, I think he could well compete here.

And there goes Murray with the fight back again

Who is this bloke?! He just won't lay down

Murray take it on the first match point but France have a new tennis hero

Bedene through to the third round for the first time in his career. Think he'll play Djokovic.

Much more serene for Murray today. 6-1 6-4 7-6 against Karlovic, never looked in any trouble at all.

Back on track. Played well today. Hope the 2 5 setters don't impact on his fitness later on.

How is Nishikori doing?

Back