• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

His best work is when he's got space to run into. Playing at the Etihad with the opposition having 9 men behind the ball for 3/4's of the season will leave him surplus to requirements.

If Bruno G goes, surely puts them in a decent position. His release clause is £100m (think that might expire at some point in June though)
Think only PSG have been mentioned with him, quality player but one where I don't know who has the money and need simultaneously for him

For all the various transfer foul-ups of the past few years, I can't think of many players we've shifted for below their value - we've generally been pretty good at the sales end of things.

I can't see anyone going for Neto for that sort of money, given his injury record, but I can't see us going for a bath on him.

For all the various transfer foul-ups of the past few years, I can't think of many players we've shifted for below their value - we've generally been pretty good at the sales end of things.
I would say Jota and Boly, plus letting Gonçalves and Vitinha walk away

Newcastle can't get near that kind of money.

City can but I'm not sure they need him.

I’m actually not sure Pedro Neto is anywhere near good enough for Man City.

Granted, excellent and a match winner for us, but that’s a different level altogether.

Those boys are serious ballers, not sure Pedro has that so much in his game.

Might be wrong, obviously.

I don't think Pedro would suit City, he's all about the fast transition and exploiting space. They by the merits of of being very good don't get many opportunities for any of that. He's better than Doku though and they paid plenty for him.

Not sure he's better than Doku.

Fairly similar I'd say.
They have similar output for the current season Doku one more goal and Neto one more assist (Neto in 10 less games).

Would stand to reason Pedro would contribute something similar or better playing in a better team.

Neto has Spurs written all over him for where his talent would best be used. Obviously Arsenal have a longstanding interest which would be better for him than City, but unlikely without getting rid of Trossard or Martinelli.

I think he’d be ideal for Arsenal. They have struggled when Saka/Martinelli have been injured or lost form.

Can’t see a club spending £60m on him with the amount of games he missed though.

I agree with this, Arsenal seem the best fit but it’s hard to see them spending that much. He might get injured less though as he’d likely be playing 60 or 30 minutes per game like Trossard and Martinelli do now.

Neto does seem like he wouldn't be a perfect fit for what City are right now but I thought that about a few players they've signed recently. Pep is always evolving his teams and I think you'd be foolish to think he couldn't find a way to utilse Pedro's skill set.

For a start, the way he can rinse a full back 1v1 from a standing start and deliver the ball with real quality... To have a player like that with Haaland waiting in the middle would be ridiculous.

I agree Arsenal seems like a better fit though. They were after Mudryk before Chelsea signed him and ended up with Trossard who is a different kind of player entirely. Neto is basically the player Mudryk was hyped up to be when he was playing in Ukraine.

Pep sometimes has oddball ideas of what players should be. Grealish is nothing like he was at Villa now (I think he's actually pretty rubbish for City, rarely does anything other than pass inside), Phillips was a joke signing and Nunes was even worse, I have no idea what he thought he was getting there. Thanks for the money and Tommy Doyle though.

Arsenal may go big for Bruno Guimaraes.

Newcastle will be in the market for a right winger…
You’d think Neto or Olise potentially.

He’s not been linked but Olise is a Man City player all day long for me. Bernardo could be off this summer.

Neto in this Spurs team I could definitely see, but not sure Levy will want to pay over £50m with his injury record.

If Salah for some reason left Liverpool, Neto would be a perfect fit there.

I think Slot will play the same way as Klopp

I think he’d be ideal for Arsenal. They have struggled when Saka/Martinelli have been injured or lost form.

Can’t see a club spending £60m on him with the amount of games he missed though.
Yep, I just can't see any team paying £60m for a player who has had 3 good months in the 3 years without it being heavily linked to incentives which we won't be able to spend in the short to medium term

Back