• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Even more baffling with Rodrigo is he had a great pre-season scoring 3 goals, then hasn't started a single game in the league. No rhyme nor reason to it, and I can't accept the "we had to change the way we play" excuse that GON gave at the end of rhe window either. He'd still have been better than Bellegarde IMO. And he's a guy who regularly gets into the box at the back post from what I saw of him, so would be ideal to compliment a single striker.

By the time I checked the Arsenal line up DW had just remembered it 🙄

Rodrigo runs in treacle by the looks of it, too.

I think he needs to acclimatise to the PL physically, but just shows how deceptive non-competitive football can be

That's confidence then, Neto went about 18 months without being able to beat a man because he was playing within himself.

We don't recruit players for the Head Coach, style of play or formation, we recruit them for perceived resale value. Take Andre for example, not a player we needed particularly - even moreso given he's not taken the place of either of the DMs, we just saw a value for money signing we thought we could flip in 12-24 months at a profit.

With a massive assumption that we stay up, Semedo will leave in the Summer and Lima will probably start. He wasn't signed for this season, which isn't untypical if we were a competently run club. We aren't though we sign the rb (maybe) of the future, but not the ch for today

It’s been a big jump physically for him by the look of it (which is odd itself because I think Primeira Liga plays usually adapt physically fairly quickly).

He looks to me like he would have been fine if the succession plan was to replace Neto in a year. But it wasn’t.

Back