• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The return of Doyle

It's amazing to me which psychological factors get harped on and which get conveniently ignored. As if it's a cakewalk to go from the Prem to League One in two years and stay equally motivated.

This. Bucket loads of it. We won 5-0 and we need to complain about something.

Oh sorry, I must be mistaken. Is this the verdict thread? No it isn't. Positivity is over there IN SPADES. The Kevin Doyle discussion is something separate.

It's amazing to me which psychological factors get harped on and which get conveniently ignored. As if it's a cakewalk to go from the Prem to League One in two years and stay equally motivated.

On forty grand a week.

Or maybe I can't see the point of the moaning for the sake of moaning.

Its pretty irrelevant getting wound up. Doyle had to play as we didn't have a striker. He'll be gone in the summer and he'll be forgotten.

Isn't he still in a bad run?

I think the greater hypocrisy is how Doyle is treated so much differently to how Johnson and O'Hara were, they've all been just as bad as each other over the last 3 seasons so why is one still looked upon fondly whilst the other two were seen as the worst people in Wolverhampton? Can you imagine the reaction if either of Johnson or O'Hara had come on opposed to Doyle, if they were still around, bet it wouldn't have been as pleasant as Doyle's welcome apparently was.

he's looked upon differently because, unlike OHara and Johnson, he actually seemed to give a fuck. I know it's hard for a non Wolves fan to grasp but that's just the way I see it

On forty grand a week.

Yes, he really held Moxey to a gun rather than taking what was offered to him.

By this logic no player should ever have his confidence affected on x pounds a week. They're getting paid after all.

Isn't he still in a bad run?

I think the greater hypocrisy is how Doyle is treated so much differently to how Johnson and O'Hara were, they've all been just as bad as each other over the last 3 seasons so why is one still looked upon fondly whilst the other two were seen as the worst people in Wolverhampton? Can you imagine the reaction if either of Johnson or O'Hara had come on opposed to Doyle, if they were still around, bet it wouldn't have been as pleasant as Doyle's welcome apparently was.

he's looked upon differently because, unlike OHara and Johnson, he actually seemed to give a fuck. I know it's hard for a non Wolves fan to grasp but that's just the way I see it

Absolutely he is getting slagged now. And it isn't moaning for the sake of moaning. Kevin Doyle made his bed by telling us how motivated he was in league one, and now he needs to lie in that bed. Like I say, sooner he is gone the better, especially after his quality efforts today.

Agreed, he does need to move on, but for a player who's been pretty loyal when he could have moved on and also been the model professional, I can't see the problem with people showing a little support.

Okay, his comment in the Irish equivalent to the Sun was out of order, but I'm sure the good outweighs the bad.

He didn't look like he gave a fuck though! Running into blind alleys, falling over and moaning at officials is not giving a fuck!

Or, on today's evidence, ambling round the centre circle!

I'd rather have let Jacobs come on and play as a second striker, as he may have a future here whereas Doyle definitely doesn't. If I was Jacobs I'd ask to leave.

$#@! me! The South Bank cheered him as he has performed previously. Though he should do far better than he has but he struggled to be motivated in an awful team that I struggled to be motivated about watching!

Too many people complain we don't back players and then whine when we do?!?!

This in Spades

Agreed, he does need to move on, but for a player who's been pretty loyal when he could have moved on and also been the model professional, I can't see the problem with people showing a little support.

Okay, his comment in the Irish equivalent to the Sun was out of order, but I'm sure the good outweighs the bad.
Doyle cant for me be put in the same bracket as Johnson and O Hara. O Hara used social media for years to have a go at the club. Johnson blatantly took the piss literally. Doyle did make a mistake but in all in all he didn't make himself look like a twat slagging us off every second. His quote however will be his lasting legacy. Id like to know how many on The South Bank today clapping and cheering him gave him a round of fucks every time his name was mentioned. I bet a very large number of them..

Oh sorry, I must be mistaken. Is this the verdict thread? No it isn't. Positivity is over there IN SPADES. The Kevin Doyle discussion is something separate.

Agreed it's a different discussion to the verdict. KD came on and was applauded like every Wolves player should be. We all want Wolves to do well and that is through Wolives players doing well, hence applause onto the pitch is perfectly acceptable. If he goes elsewhere then best of luck and thank you Kevin. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Actually, that is probably the best way to view it. I will stay angry inside about the 'not motivated' comment though.

Saying that, he came on today and was pretty dreadful. In a side that had the game completely won.

Thing is the 'not motivated' comment came in a newspaper report - how accurate it was is unknown. If its like some quotes in papers maybe not really at all.

Having said that I will be glad when he is elsewhere & this is over. He's not right for us now, but in the meantime if he plays then I will applaud whilst he is on the pitch.

The bloke who came out publicly saying he effectively couldn't be arsed anymore, he cared about Wolves?

Leigh Griffiths has contributed far more to Wolves in the last 3 season than Kevin Doyle yet you favour the latter over the former, weird.

Sorry, you are right...Leigh Griffiths has been fantastic for Wolves this season

Looked at some points today that players didnt want to pass to Doyle!

Back