• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The return of Doyle

Fuck me! The South Bank cheered him as he has performed previously. Though he should do far better than he has but he struggled to be motivated in an awful team that I struggled to be motivated about watching!

Too many people complain we don't back players and then whine when we do?!?!

Exactly.

Nonsense. He burnt the bridge. Being applauded on pissed me off royally. Shouldn't have been getting a chance. Thanks Kev, but see ya.

Doyler got a fantastic reception when he came on and rightly so. He is still a Wolves player and his run to open up the Rotherham defence for the 5th goal was fantastic

$#@! me! The South Bank cheered him as he has performed previously. Though he should do far better than he has but he struggled to be motivated in an awful team that I struggled to be motivated about watching!

Too many people complain we don't back players and then whine when we do?!?!

The people who were singing his name today were probably the same people who were getting on his back when he was a regular and struggling, a bit like Ohara, pretty pathetic really.

Like a few above, he's no longer good enough as a football and hasn't been for a while, but someone who has got on with his job without really moaning or causing problem then is there really a problem with people giving a cheer when he comes on?

Giving Doyle a cheer not only recognises he has not only been decent for us in the past but that there is hope he still can perform. People forgave Rojo when he looked bang average under S'S, and he was/is a far worse player than KD!

Penk is just the antagonist at the other end of the table, just like on Talksport. We need two different views to continue an argument. Im fine with that.

There's no problem getting behind players I got behind him today while he was on the pitch as I do with every player wearing a gold and black shirt irrespective of how they are playing.
It's the hypocrisy of those singing his name who gave him nothing but shit when he was having a bad run.

I saw the applause as a goodbye and thanks for the 18th months when you were really good. When on the pitch he showed why we have moved on from him. I don't think it would have been as generous if we weren't cruising at the time. The Saturday Boys thread at the end of the second relegation season shows as a man he is top class.

There's no problem getting behind players I got behind him today while he was on the pitch as I do with every player wearing a gold and black shirt irrespective of how they are playing.
It's the hypocrisy of those singing his name who gave him nothing but shit when he was having a bad run.

Isn't he still in a bad run?

I think the greater hypocrisy is how Doyle is treated so much differently to how Johnson and O'Hara were, they've all been just as bad as each other over the last 3 seasons so why is one still looked upon fondly whilst the other two were seen as the worst people in Wolverhampton? Can you imagine the reaction if either of Johnson or O'Hara had come on opposed to Doyle, if they were still around, bet it wouldn't have been as pleasant as Doyle's welcome apparently was.

Isn't he still in a bad run?

I think the greater hypocrisy is how Doyle is treated so much differently to how Johnson and O'Hara were, they've all been just as bad as each other over the last 3 seasons so why is one still looked upon fondly whilst the other two were seen as the worst people in Wolverhampton? Can you imagine the reaction if either of Johnson or O'Hara had come on opposed to Doyle, if they were still around, bet it wouldn't have been as pleasant as Doyle's welcome apparently was.

I don't think you quite get it or maybe you do?, although I will always be disappointed with his lack of motivation in League 1, my comments are aimed at the fickle.

Wolves fan in shock getting behind a wolves player! Chill,

Personally I think it's pretty despicable to slag off the players in such a way as any of them were.

It's one thing to tell a player to fuck off in the heat of the moment, but the sustained manner of beatings the "Group 3" received (Doyle notwithstanding) was just immature.

Penk is just the antagonist at the other end of the table, just like on Talksport. We need two different views to continue an argument. Im fine with that.

Or maybe I can't see the point of the moaning for the sake of moaning.

As he should be, despite taking a shed load of money from the club (and us) he 'couldn't be bothered to play in league 1'.

Absolutely he is getting slagged now. And it isn't moaning for the sake of moaning. Kevin Doyle made his bed by telling us how motivated he was in league one, and now he needs to lie in that bed. Like I say, sooner he is gone the better, especially after his quality efforts today.

Back