• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

I can't pretend Paul and I were online friends, we weren't, but petty bickering doesn't stop this from being a shock and a tragedy at such a relatively young age. RIP Paul and my heart goes out to his family

Really sad news, RIP Paul. Came across as someone with a great sense of humour from his posts and from others replies just a thoroughly nice person. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Oh, wow. Sad news. Thoughts go out to his family.

I had a break from the Forum for a few years, when I made my first post on returning he was the first to reply with, ‘oh no here’s trouble’, great bloke, never met him but I think he lived quite close.

Fuck, that’s awful news. RIP Paul. Thoughts with his family :(

hi everyone,

I’m Pauls daughter Jessica. I wanted to pop on here and put something from our family to you all today but as you can imagine its been a very shocking, heartbreaking, unexpected weekend.

My Dad has always told us about things on here that would make him laugh and would always start it with “one of my mates said…”. He had a small social circle and we were aware that to my dad his family was his world but this community gave him people outside of us that he could chat to, laugh with and sometimes insult (sorry we all got it too, I promise it was always well intentioned… maybe wishful thinking. 😂). I would often come on (without telling him) and read what he had posted and I’ve took comfort seeing your kind words about him as will my mom and siblings when I tell them.

Thank you so much for providing him a community he could speak to.

All the best,
Jessica.

hi everyone,

I’m Pauls daughter Jessica. I wanted to pop on here and put something from our family to you all today but as you can imagine its been a very shocking, heartbreaking, unexpected weekend.

My Dad has always told us about things on here that would make him laugh and would always start it with “one of my mates said…”. He had a small social circle and we were aware that to my dad his family was his world but this community gave him people outside of us that he could chat to, laugh with and sometimes insult (sorry we all got it too, I promise it was always well intentioned… maybe wishful thinking. 😂). I would often come on (without telling him) and read what he had posted and I’ve took comfort seeing your kind words about him as will my mom and siblings when I tell them.

All the best,
Jessica.
Best wishes and condolences to you and your family. As you can see from todays posts, he was well liked and respected here.
Thanks for taking the time at this heart breaking time for you.

Thanks Jessica for stopping by and sharing this about your Dad.
You can clearly see from the number of posts, the respect and love that TWF had for your Dad.
I hope you and your family are staying strong during this difficult time.
Your Dad had a great taste in music so i will play something loud and raise a glass to him tonight xx

hi everyone,

All the best,
Jessica.
He was one of a small few that would laugh at my crap jokes on Facebook. Gonna miss him a hell of a lot. :-(

Would just like to add my condolences. R.I.P. Paul.

So sorry to hear about Paul. Very obviously one of the good guys. My condolences to his family.

I'm not that active on here anymore, but when I first joined up it wasn't long before Paul and I were talking about guitars and, particularly, guitar modding and building. Next thing I know he sent me a DVD about the entire guitar building process from start to finish. He didn't know me from Adam but was still generous enough to help me out and take a real interest.

Lovely guy and my thoughts and condolences go out to his friends and family in light of this terribly sad news.

I never met Paul but based on my interactions with him on here he seemed like a really nice guy. Funny too. RIP.

Really sad news, and no age at all. Condolences to Paul's family and friends

Back