• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Lockerbie was early evening and then all over nascent breakfast TV the following day.

Think you meant Lockerbie rather than Dunblane.
No I meant dunblane, I mentioned Lockerbie earlier in the thread.
Even though you were wrong, thanks anyway for trying to tell me what I thought at the time.

Jeez lads!
My first biggest was when I was at primary school and Manchester United crashed in the dark snow of Munich.
No idea why, but I remember telling kids about Duncan Edwards and Harry Gregg. I was about 8 or 9.

Jeez lads!
My first biggest was when I was at primary school and Manchester United crashed in the dark snow of Munich.
No idea why, but I remember telling kids about Duncan Edwards and Harry Gregg. I was about 8 or 9.
Didn't realise you were 73.

First real story I remember was the Galahad getting blown up then Scargill and the miners strike a few year later. I was all of 7/8

First real story I remember was the Galahad getting blown up then Scargill and the miners strike a few year later. I was all of 7/8
I've said on here before, but the Miners was an interesting one as a kid. I was 11/12, but the media narrative was very much good vs evil. I'm looking at you John Craven

My first news memory is the Apollo 11 Moon Landing

I can remember John Stonehouse being in the news, presumably for faking his own death which was 1974 when I would have been 3

Kennedy assassination for me, I think it was a Friday and me and my Sister always watched Ready Steady Go, I remember asking my Dad if it was still alright if we watched it.

The Jeremy Thorpe / Norman Scott affair, I was 13

I've said on here before, but the Miners was an interesting one as a kid. I was 11/12, but the media narrative was very much good vs evil. I'm looking at you John Craven
I remember BBC news with the miners and seeing the police charge them.

Didn't have an opinion as I was 8/9.

Kennedy assassination for me, I think it was a Friday and me and my Sister always watched Ready Steady Go, I remember asking my Dad if it was still alright if we watched it.
I remember my mum, dad and I going to my gran's on the Friday teatime and my gran saying how terrible it was about JFK's assassination.

Back