• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Who you off to see kenny?

Bill Bailey.

Was due to see him at the Civic and got tickets, but then the wife double booked on that day. So decided to get get tickets for his Manchester gig and sold the Civic ones.

That would be ace to see (the fucking twat who posts on here not the band)

:icon_lol:
They have always been superb live whenever I've seen them.
They have also played something I have never heard them do live every time too.
Fantastic live band. Awesome. I cannot wait.
Trying to make some good time to properly listen to their Gathering Sound boxset which I got before christmas. Difficult to make the time, especially as croxdenabbey also sent me a memory stick choc full of new sounds too!

Bill Bailey.

Was due to see him at the Civic and got tickets, but then the wife double booked on that day. So decided to get get tickets for his Manchester gig and sold the Civic ones.

He's quality. I have civic tickets.
I've double booked myself with Jerry Sadowitz, & a classical gig in february. I've spent 2 days trying to work out which mate I'm going to let down. I can't figure it out, & I want to attend both...:facepalm:

The double booking is really annoying.

Her folks are massive Cliff bastard Richards fans and he is doing a tour. She got them tickets to see him in Brighton and told them we would take them there to save them driving and then pick them up after the gig.....then a week later realised it clashes with the Bailey gig.

Saw him at the NIA a few years ago and really looking forward to seeing him again. Think we are in Row C as well.

The double booking is really annoying.

Her folks are massive Cliff bastard Richards fans and he is doing a tour. She got them tickets to see him in Brighton and told them we would take them there to save them driving and then pick them up after the gig.....then a week later realised it clashes with the Bailey gig.

Saw him at the NIA a few years ago and really looking forward to seeing him again. Think we are in Row C as well.

I saw him at the NEC about 2 yaers ago (not NIA?). Also saw him on his "guide to the orchestra" tour.
Hoping the intimacy of the smaller venue will be better. I think we're on row b.

It might have been the NEC then!!

Did he do the song about Asda?

Albums that you've forgotten about but fucking LOVE when you hear them again #1355:

Doves - Some Cities.

Tremendous. Almost Forgot Myself is such a beautiful track.

It might have been the NEC then!!

Did he do the song about Asda?

Can't recall. Can remember him playing the horns (fnarr!). Especially doing a metallica tune (enter sandman?)

Just having a look at another "Best of 2012" list. Anyone got any recommendations from it?

http://www.shout4music.com/end-of-year/2012/best-albums

I've got 6 of them. Walkmen, tame impala, liars, beach house, cloud nothings, japandroids. All good in their own right but hard to recommend without knowing what you're after. If you want a noise album then I'd say get the Metz album, it's brill. Want a bit if tuneful shoe gaze, get the Toy album.

Fuck yeah.

zesuhame.jpg

Something to cheer me up as I'm half dead - Luke Jackson's album 'More Than Boys' arrived through the post today.

He was the young lad who supported Martyn Joseph when I saw him in November - only just got around to ordering it and I'm so pleased I did. Absolutely beautiful album - if anyone likes folk music, you have to give it a listen.

Oh how I wish I owned a version of this song. The guy has released umpteen albums and not put this on any of them! I think it's on one of his gazillion unreleased albums...

David Holmes is ace. This films crap (lets slash the seats) is great, as is Lets Get Killed. The title of lets get killed came from the fact he was out with loads of DAT & similar recording equipment in New York, wanting street sounds for the album. Wondered why he got run off the streets everyday with everyone trying to nick his (for the time) well expensive recording equipment.

Back