• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Beef Bourguignon ( Julia Child's recipe) and it's smelling wonderful :)

Need some help.

I like chilli, a lot. Having small children i can't really cool much with it, so liberally dose everything with chill sauce.

I discovered akabanga from Rwanda a few months ago ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HJ3L48M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8PdbCbC01FQZG) and it's great. But is there anything else out there?

What's your favourite chilli sauce? All ideas very welcome.

Try this. You will never buy hot sauce again. Tamper around with ingredients, straining etc to suit your taste. It is bloody delicous there is always some in the fridge.
https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-make-your-own-bottled-hot-sauce-4164311

Yeah, it's a good shop and it's had a few quid from me. I can't stand anything too hot anymore after I tried a Dorset Naga when I was just coming down with an illness and it made me pass out and puke up a little blood. I've still got scars on my shins from where I fell!

Paddy salutes you.

With all the Christmas and New Years rich foods out the way, it's nice getting back to something more ordinary. Tonight it's sausage, egg, chips and beans :)

With all the Christmas and New Years rich foods out the way, it's nice getting back to something more ordinary. Tonight it's sausage, egg, chips and beans :)
Used to the same when I lived in the Middle East.

OK,one for you fast food lovers who would like to be a little more healthy

Go to Leons and eat their love me burger. Its made from beetroot , completely vegan and bloody delicious!

leon.jpg

OK,one for you fast food lovers who would like to be a little more healthy

Go to Leons and eat their love me burger. Its made from beetroot , completely vegan and bloody delicious!

View attachment 2298

Who in their right mind would eat a beetroot burger over a proper burger other than a vegan!

To DW, have you tried anything from Deli Fusion in Codsall?

Yeah, it's decent. Nice people. Good value as well for a bacon roll in the morning.

We have another deli opposite the One Stop on Duck Lane too but I've never used that for some reason (despite it being nearer and having lived here for seven years). Probably because Snackabyte is opposite and has never let me down.

Who in their right mind would eat a beetroot burger over a proper burger other than a vegan!

We have vegan burgers at home all the time and they are much nicer than meat ones. Granted, that's supermarket bought burgers, but still. You never know unless you try.

We have vegan burgers at home all the time and they are much nicer than meat ones. Granted, that's supermarket bought burgers, but still. You never know unless you try.

I suppose there are nice ones out there, somewhere. Just that all the veggie ones I've ever tried have been tasteless and like biting into cardboard.

Nothing against vegetarians, in fact I admire them as I couldn't do it. But, what I've never understood is why vegetarians eat veggie bacon strips. They are revolting.

Yeah, it's decent. Nice people. Good value as well for a bacon roll in the morning.

We have another deli opposite the One Stop on Duck Lane too but I've never used that for some reason (despite it being nearer and having lived here for seven years). Probably because Snackabyte is opposite and has never let me down.

I did answer you Sue but it got lost on the last page :)

Had an absolutely stunning bit of silverside beef last night, so good I'm thinking of going out tomorrow and buying the same thing again.

I suppose there are nice ones out there, somewhere. Just that all the veggie ones I've ever tried have been tasteless and like biting into cardboard.

Nothing against vegetarians, in fact I admire them as I couldn't do it. But, what I've never understood is why vegetarians eat veggie bacon strips. They are revolting.

Yeah, meat substitute stuff is generally pretty grim, but burgers made out of actual vegetables/beans etc are well bum.

I did answer you Sue but it got lost on the last page :)

Had an absolutely stunning bit of silverside beef last night, so good I'm thinking of going out tomorrow and buying the same thing again.

Ok good, it came up on my FB this morning, and no one I know had tried it. Worth a try as it's a new place, new owners.

I know you aren't keen much on condiments like some of us :icon_lol: but do you have any with silverside beef?

Not one but TWO different types of mustard :) Dab of Colman's, dab of French's.

I would have had horseradish too but I forgot to buy some.

I don't eat red meat. I also bloody love beetroot, so wouldn't be averse.
I also use vegetarian mince in bolognase/lasagne and also cottage pies. I find it nicer, easier to digest, no gristle etc, so preferable to red meat mince.

Agree with machin that ost veggie replace ain't great, but the odd thing is nice.

I don't eat red meat. I also bloody love beetroot, so wouldn't be averse.
I also use vegetarian mince in bolognase/lasagne and also cottage pies. I find it nicer, easier to digest, no gristle etc, so preferable to red meat mince.

Agree with machin that ost veggie replace ain't great, but the odd thing is nice.

What actually is veggie mince? What's in it?

Anyone tried Heck sausages? I've got some in the fridge, never gone with them before.

Black Farmer are the king of sausages at the moment but they didn't have any in.

Back