• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The legendary Dr Karl Kennedy from Neighbours is playing at West Bromwich Central Library in August as part of his UK tour :ROFLMAO:

It's on my birthday and my wife did joke that I'd be getting a ticket for my birthday. At least, I think she was joking...!

Wasn't his band called The Right Prescription or something equally terrible? Or was that just what I remember from the show.

Stumbled across a comedy drama on iPlayer called Spent yesterday. Entertaining way to spend a few hours.

Stumbled across a comedy drama on iPlayer called Spent yesterday. Entertaining way to spend a few hours.
The wife said this was good.

Watching Alan Carr's Changing Ends and it's very funny.

Anyone watched Supacell? Reviews really bigged it up but the first episode did nothing for me.

Has anyone watched This England on Sky? Biopic of Boris Johnsons time as PM during the Pandemic. Came out in 2022.
Kenneth Branagh is excellent as BoJo, gets his mannerisms and blethering spot on. The writing is excellent, very sharp and witty at times. The handling of the Covid crisis and especially the care homes was done very thoughtfully but also honestly. Its a good show as they truly stick the spear into BoJo and a few others but in subtle ways, such as his dream sequences where all his children admonish him for all his failings.
But the most interesting insights are how they cover Dominic Cummings and how he ran Downing Street with a culture of fear and toxicity. Fascinating show, enjoyed it very much

Has anyone watched This England on Sky? Biopic of Boris Johnsons time as PM during the Pandemic. Came out in 2022.
Kenneth Branagh is excellent as BoJo, gets his mannerisms and blethering spot on. The writing is excellent, very sharp and witty at times. The handling of the Covid crisis and especially the care homes was done very thoughtfully but also honestly. Its a good show as they truly stick the spear into BoJo and a few others but in subtle ways, such as his dream sequences where all his children admonish him for all his failings.
But the most interesting insights are how they cover Dominic Cummings and how he ran Downing Street with a culture of fear and toxicity. Fascinating show, enjoyed it very much
Yeah, I watched it when it first aired.

Think I’ll start Those About to Die tonight, looks decent from the trailers.

Although Branagh is excellent, I found it too sympathetic towards Johnson TBH.

As for Those About To Die - this is VERY much my area of interest, love the Colosseum and all that stuff, so I really hope it's decent. They need to make sure Domitian is a total cunt.

Back