• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Boardwalk Empire is fantastic. Blue Bloods is good also, but not in the same league.

Just watched Spartacus: Gods of the Arena on Sky One- violence, gore and lots and lots of naked women - I think I might watch it again next week...

Toon - did you watch the original series of Spartacus that was on last year? Gods of the Arena is the prequel. And yes - it was basically gore and tits. Xena's norks on show every week - guaranteed.

Luckily, this new series is in HD.

Anyway - Sky Atlantic - not really got into Boardwalk Empire yet. It's okay, but only seen the first few and it hasn't gripped me all that much. Treme is great (best theme tune EVER!) and I am hooked on the Sopranos that I hadn't seen before.

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on - it's a brilliant channel.

oh er... watched Treme, the very first one a couple of weeks back and I waited to get into it.

I read lots of American cop stuff and am usually ok with the strange street language but I thought the first Teme was shite.

Couldn't relate to the characters, didn't like the plot, couldn't understand about 1/3 of it....

Just watched a bit of 'Weeds', and that seemed to be mildly engaging though...

Treme is great - I like how different it is, it's a clever idea and not one you'd think they could make a drama series out of. The locations are interesting, the characters are really good and the music is amazing.

I can understand why it wouldn't appeal to others though.

Toon - did you watch the original series of Spartacus that was on last year? Gods of the Arena is the prequel. And yes - it was basically gore and tits. Xena's norks on show every week - guaranteed.

Luckily, this new series is in HD.

Anyway - Sky Atlantic - not really got into Boardwalk Empire yet. It's okay, but only seen the first few and it hasn't gripped me all that much. Treme is great (best theme tune EVER!) and I am hooked on the Sopranos that I hadn't seen before.

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on - it's a brilliant channel.

I didn't watch Blood and Sand. I will persevere with Gods though.

I love Boardwalk, I think it is superb stuff- Steve Buscemi is one of the finest character actors around.

I have all of Treme so far saved to my Sky + but haven't started on them yet.

The Sopranos is another great, great programme that I am watching now having missed it all the first time around.

Love David Simon but Treme is not doing it for me either. Too slow and bloody hard to understand the drawwwwl

Weeds is a fun show. It gets a lot more involved as the series goes on. I've only seen up to season 4 though.

Treme and Boardwalk Empire are good. Keep an eye out for when they start showing The Wire.

I missed Sopranos first time around and refuse to get into anything after it has started - I'm all the way in or I'm not in at all so it's great to be able to watch the whole thing from the start 'as new'. I am also watching Star Trek Voyager - a series I only ever watched once and never bothered with the repeats but on second showing it is better than I remembered.

Treme I didn't make it through the first episode.

Blue Bloods is great. Boardwalk Empire is wonderful, best period drama since Deadwood.

Hawaii Five O is the surprise for me - I thought the original was so iconic that any remake would suffer in comparison but....title, music and characters apart it is a different show.

I am now watching 6 Feet Under. Never watched it the first time and due to liking Michael C Hall in Dexter I thought I would watch this. It's very odd indeed but I'm enjoying it.

I didn't make it past the first episode of Treme or Broadwalk Empire, but I've enjoyed watching Blue Bloods.

Ooh, late to this thread, but good stuff. Really into Boardwalk Empire currently, and I think the Wire is the greatest thing ever in the history of TV. Amazing characters and writing. Highly recommended!

Also watched the first episode of Treme a few days back. Need to get stuck into the next few and hope it draws me in.

I am now watching 6 Feet Under. Never watched it the first time and due to liking Michael C Hall in Dexter I thought I would watch this. It's very odd indeed but I'm enjoying it.

Six Feet Under is a great programme.

I´ve seen all of The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, The Corner, The Wire, The Shield and love them all. Another I can highly remommend is Sons of Anarchy which should be on FX in the UK.

I'm still loving Boardwalk too.
About halfway through and enjoying it. The other half doesn't agree with the female nudity occuring what seems every ten minutes though!

FX are re-running The Wire as we speak for those interested. This week was episode 2 of series one ('The Detail'). Not sure if they'll repeat it or do a catch up from episode one, but even if you have missed the first couple it should still be possible to get up to speed with events so far. Can't recommend this programme enough.

This link has all seasons streamed so if necessary you could watch episodes 1 and 2 of series one on here:

http://www.freeonlineepisodes.net/watch-the-wire-online-episodes-free-streaming-full-seasons/

You're welcome...

FX are re-running The Wire as we speak for those interested. This week was episode 2 of series one ('The Detail'). Not sure if they'll repeat it or do a catch up from episode one, but even if you have missed the first couple it should still be possible to get up to speed with events so far. Can't recommend this programme enough.

This link has all seasons streamed so if necessary you could watch episodes 1 and 2 of series one on here:

http://www.freeonlineepisodes.net/watch-the-wire-online-episodes-free-streaming-full-seasons/

You're welcome...

Cheers for this Toon.

I've been looking for online streaming of The Wire I've only ever been able to find the first series!

The Pacific starts on Saturday at 9pm.

Is this the show people on here were raving about a while back? Think it was only shown on Sky Movies?

I really don't see why the Wire is so highly rated. It's a good series but not anything that makes me think it's one of the best ever.

Back