• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW - Ireland dodged an absolute bullet by hosting a couple of games, meaning they couldn't end up as drawn with Netherlands and Germany. Northern Ireland get that dubious pleasure instead.

And Sweden always group of death

This made me chuckle :

F02BE8B7-6943-4055-83ED-D42712A95B94.jpeg.4769a0460527fb0cce202a2945d24c2c.jpeg

"The Remote Gambling Association (RGA), which includes Bet365, Ladbrokes and Paddy Power, has struck a deal to stop adverts during live sports broadcasts."

Also had to talk to my kids about it today after it was covered in motd. Not a great conversation to have before breakfast.

Good that you had that conversation though mate, fair play

And good on Sterling for speaking out.

It's just really odd if I'm honest. My kids look like MGW and also come from Stafford, so they idolise him and love that our fans love him. Then you have to explain that some people hate players purely because they look like them. Don't really know what to say tbh, just try to ensure they know it is never ever their fault.

Good that you are showing them the right way tredman - don't know how old your children are, but in my experience of 17 yrs working in schools then most small children don't see colour differences (not to say there isn't bullying, but could as easily be due to having ginger hair or wearing glasses) unless they are/have been indoctrinated by their parent's

Mine are 9 Parkin and not really had any issues, couples of comments at a rugby game once that's all. Helps that there's 2 of them and they can stick up for themselves. You're definitely right though, it's not the kids it's the parents and wider society. Sad really.

Tyrone Mings has refused to go on a booked TalkShite interview today in protest at what Kitson was saying.

Brazil was all bluster about the whole thing this morning as well. Fucking imbecile has no clue.

I don't know why I am even faintly surprised. The station is The Sun for the ears.

Talkshite always do this though. They’ll say something stupid and controversial so people will pay that premium rate phone number jist to have a go at them

Talkshit getting some right grief on twitter. Imagine if Sterling had posted this on social media as the not so 'secret' wanker did:

sIqfGR3.png

I'd rather listen to my own fingernails being extracted than Radio Sun

I've noticed Kitson appearing on a fair bit of stuff over the last few weeks. Income as TSF must have dried up

The Secret Footballer is utter shite anyway. Only read the first book, wouldn't bother reading another - it's just gossip-laden tabloid fodder.

The original Guardian articles were pretty good. The books - I read two, proved they were finessed significantly by a ghost writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back